1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Thread "Reply" button scroll to bottom issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by moleculo, Aug 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moleculo

moleculo Member

As we all know, when you hit "reply" to quote a post in a thread, XF automatically scrolls to the bottom of the page so the user can just start typing. With some theme designs (Audentio's UI.X, for example), the bottom footer is quite a bit taller than the default because we've put useful things down there. This causes problems when users hit "reply", though - the scroll causes the reply box to be nearly off of the top of the page. Is there a way to adjust how far from the bottom the auto scroll goes?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will need to seek support from the designers of those styles.

We can only provide support for the default templates.

3. SimonV

SimonV Well-Known Member

Did you ever find a solution to this? Even a pointer in the right direction maybe could help me find my way?

4. SimonV

SimonV Well-Known Member

I actually found a fix, for anyone else looking for this answer.

Not ideal as it involved editing a core .js file, but for me thats fine. I added offset to the scrollAndFocus function in js/xenforo/discussion.js

Change this:
    Code:
    this.scrollAndFocus=function(){c(i).scrollTop(a.offset().top )
    to:
    Code:
    this.scrollAndFocus=function(){c(i).scrollTop(a.offset().top - 50)
    Obviously using the amount of offset you need which in my case was 50px

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
    moleculo likes this.
  5. moleculo

moleculo Member

I have the same issue on my site. Your fix sounds like something that Audiento should incorporate into their UI.X as a global setting that can be passed as a variable to this line of javascript.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.