Thread Reply Banner

Thread Reply Banner 1.3.3

No permission to download
@Xon, In the installation instructions, after installing, can you also let know how to use it... :confused:
By default moderators should have the permissions setup, otherwise you'll need to manually set them.

Attached to the resource are some attached screenshots, which basically show everything you need to know about this add-on.

Edit Thread:
edit_dialog-png.104014

Quick Reply:
quick_reply-png.104015

More Options:
preview_reply-png.104016

Hi @Xon

1. Add-on installed.
2. As an admin and moderators, permissions already setup.
3. Now, i am using UI.X style, nothing is showing up in my forums as an admin or as a moderator...

Sorry for being a pain... :(

Last edited:
Hi @Xon

1. Add-on installed.
2. As an admin and moderators, permissions already setup.
3. Now, where to setup the reply thread banners. nothing showing up in my forum as an admin or as a moderator...

Sorry for being a pain... :(
In a thread, The dropdown menu Thread Tools then Edit Thread.

@Xon
I installed this addon, permissions are set OK, but when I add message and click Save, just ajax refresh page and no notice at all above quick reply, also when I edit thread again, notice are empty like I have never add something and saved.
Latest xenforo and latest version of this addon

a - 02-19-48.webp

@Xon
I tried with full-page refresh and also delete browser cache. Tried with another browsers, and with all other addons disabled.
Same still result.
I create thread reply banner (wrote something), saving thread, page did ajax refreshing and then I full page refresh page, clear cache.... nothing.
When going to edit thread again, that what I wroted before for reply banner is not showing, just empty field like never was filled with text

Ok, that is a bug.

It is likely an add-on conflict somewhere. Can you check the "xf_thread_banner" table and see if it has contents for your thread?

I tried even with all other addons disabled.
Can you show the analyse permissions view for the target forum and your user?

There should be two permissions; "Manage Thread Reply Banner" and "View Thread Reply Banner".

There is a bug where even if you grant "Manage Thread Reply Banner" it isn't used when viewing a threadreply banner.

Tried new version still same results.
xf_thread_banner" table is still empty. For some reason, all is working except saving

Here are screenshots

a - 13-09-07.webp

a - 13-09-38.webp

a - 13-12-26.webp

@Sunka per conversation, this is definitely an add-on conflict. I changed from the load_class event to the load_class_datawriter event and it started working.

@Xon how to change banner background color with css code in EXTRA.css?
I see that it taking default Panel color from Style Properties, but my wish is to change thread reply banner background color, not for all notices.

I tried this but it is not working:
Code:
.ThreadReplyBanner
{
    background-color: red !important;
}

@Xon how to change banner background color with css code in EXTRA.css?
I see that it taking default Panel color from Style Properties, but my wish is to change thread reply banner background color, not for all notices.

I tried this but it is not working:
Code:
.ThreadReplyBanner
{
}
Try:
Code:
.ThreadReplyBanner .PanelScroller .panel
{
}

Nop, not working.
From console, I see that this class is important:
Code:
panel Notice DismissParent

.PanelScroller .panel, .PanelScrollerOff .panel
So I have tried several combination with .ThreadReplyBanner
Code:
.ThreadReplyBanner .PanelScroller .panel
.ThreadReplyBanner .PanelScroller .panel, .PanelScrollerOff .panel
.ThreadReplyBanner .PanelScroller .panel, .PanelScrollerOff

but none is working.
If you have some another idea, I will be happy to try it, but if you idealess, I will give up :unsure:

@Sunka sorry there was an extra space. The following will work:

Code:
.ThreadReplyBanner.PanelScroller .panel
{
    background-color: red;
}
Don't even need the important.

Works very nicely...

FEATURE REQUEST :
It would be nice if the banner would automatically include the thread starter post.... (now I have to copy and paste the content from the thread start to the header)
This way I can ensure that the reactions are in line with the original thread quesiton

Top Bottom