XF 1.1 Thread Prefixes

LondonDragon

Hi guys,

Just wondering is there is a way to force members to select a prefix on certain forums and remove the option to leave it blank.

Many thanks

I have used that with great results - it's cool for classified forums and similar!
Thats what I want it for ;) that way it forces everyone to put something on the prefix and makes the forum look much tidier and avoids the need to have a Sales, Wanted, Free, etc... forum, just bundle it all in the single one and use the prefixes :)

Thats what I want it for ;) that way it forces everyone to put something on the prefix and makes the forum look much tidier and avoids the need to have a Sales, Wanted, Free, etc... forum, just bundle it all in the single one and use the prefixes :)

I mistakenly thought prefixes could be easily edited so that folks could change their own from "for sale" to sold. But since they are part of the title they are not editable without another add-on.

For now I just changed permissions to the classifieds so that users could delete their own - which should solve that part.

I mistakenly thought prefixes could be easily edited so that folks could change their own from "for sale" to sold. But since they are part of the title they are not editable without another add-on.

For now I just changed permissions to the classifieds so that users could delete their own - which should solve that part.
User essentials have that permission, if I am not mistaken.

All you need is this free addon, I have it working on my test forum which I am launching next week, works a treat!

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/lgb-thread-renamer.10958/

Adds another permission to the group permission where you can allow certain groups or all to edit the thread title. Make sure you read the entire thread, there are a couple of corrections you need to apply.

Top Bottom