Implemented Thread Prefix

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Its been 6 Months since we purchased our Xenforo licence but like everyone else on this thread we cannot junk VB4 until this is implemented. Is there any time scale for the 1.1 update?

Its been 6 Months since we purchased our Xenforo licence but like everyone else on this thread we cannot junk VB4 until this is implemented. Is there any time scale for the 1.1 update?

No one around here like rushed version releases, but I would hope there is more than Prefixes on that 1.1 list. :cool:

Kier said: I think it's safe to assume that features which are common to all forum software but are not yet present in XenForo will be added in short order. Thread prefixes are definitely slated for 1.1.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/so-whats-next-after-v1-final.13245/page-4#post-177502

Can't we just manually add a thread prefix to the beginning of a thread when we type the title? Wouldn't that serve the same purpose? I'm not sure what the difference would be.

Can't we just manually add a thread prefix to the beginning of a thread when we type the title? Wouldn't that serve the same purpose? I'm not sure what the difference would be.

A few points on why a thread prefix may be better than manually adding a prefix to the title:
  • You could more easily find all threads of a certain prefix.
  • Style certain prefixes with css?
  • Define the allowed prefixes. Knowing right away what prefixes are available to you via a select menu(?), instead of trying to remember what to name something
  • Only allow certain prefixes per forum.
  • Only allow certain usergroups to use certain prefixes?
  • If you decide to change the name of a prefix, all instances you see will be changed. Otherwise you'd need to rely on a running a query across thousands of rows each time.
  • Better consistency? Reducing multiple words/alterations that mean the same thing, less spelling errors, upper case vs. lower case, etc.

Top Bottom