1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Thread Prefix Action

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Vincent, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to, when a specific thread has a prefix (e.g. Bad Words) to auto-close the threads and prevent it from being opened by moderators?

Same for Stick Thread.

2. Floris

Floris Guest

When I create a thread prefix for say "Done", I wouldn't mind to select from a few selections: delete thread, or close thread, or whatever else might be logical.

So when I am browsing the forum and it's used for support tickets, or sales questions, that the support guy could change the thread prefix from [active] to [solved] and the thread would also be closed.

Mikey likes this.
  3. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

Couldn't you just do this (albeit with one extra click to deselect the Open box) using inline thread moderation?

4. Floris

Floris Guest

I could ask the same about thread prefixes,
    can't the mod not just add [plaintext] prefix to the thread? ..

Hence why it's a small tweak.

On bigger sites where every second three new questions are asked, this cuts the time in half and saves time and money.

It's a simple request, the devs are free to ignore it.
    Or, have a php callback support, so we can make a plugin for it, that way we can also extend it when the it's marked as 'Done' that a canned response is added at the bottom of the ticket.

Fuhrmann likes this.
  5. Trombones13

Trombones13 Well-Known Member

Valid point. :)

Floris likes this.
  6. Vincent

7. Floris

Floris Guest

Merging into 1 discussion is fine. I will leave that decision to the mods.

8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Merging...

Floris likes this.
  9. Vincent

Wow that were 2 fast replies o.0