Add-on Thread lottery widget

Nicolas FR

Hello,
It would be fun to have a widget that randomly displays discussions, especially for generalist forums, it would allow members to discover topics they hadn't thought of. The options would give the ability to choose the forums included, the number of threads to display, the minimum number of replies for a thread to be eligible, and a time range. The widget could be called The Thread Lottery for example.

I'm throwing the idea like this...

Hello,
It would be fun to have a widget that randomly displays discussions, especially for generalist forums, it would allow members to discover topics they hadn't thought of. The options would give the ability to choose the forums included, the number of threads to display, the minimum number of replies for a thread to be eligible, and a time range. The widget could be called The Thread Lottery for example.

I'm throwing the idea like this...
I would like to create it free for the community :)

I don't intend to pay for this addon, it's an idea that crossed my mind and if a developer wants to use it why not... I guess it doesn't require a huge development. But maybe this forum does not allow you to just throw ideas? I don't really know anymore...

I don't intend to pay for this addon, it's an idea that crossed my mind and if a developer wants to use it why not... I guess it doesn't require a huge development. But maybe this forum does not allow you to just throw ideas? I don't really know anymore...

Yes, this forum is for throwing out ideas. But I’ve seen vultures circling here and picking up unsuspecting prey.

I would like to create it free for the community :)
Can be a good way to make yourself known, it would be an excellent business card for your services

Yes, this forum is for throwing out ideas. But I’ve seen vultures circling here and picking up unsuspecting prey.
Thanks, @Ozzy47 but I've been living in the African bush for almost 20 years so vultures... Ha ha! I know them !

You can use this by @truonglv and the Random Threads option:

No, because this feature is already available on above mentioned addon .

I respect for every developer here, I don't want to make an add-on that is already implemented by another developer as paid .

Too bad. Maybe someone will volunteer to do it? It really is an important add-on, but 30 dollars for it is too expensive...

Top Bottom