Add-on Thread list prefix filter tabs

Stuart Wright

We have a couple of forums in which it would be extremely useful if there were tabs above the thread list which applied prefix filters.
In our classified forums where we have For Sale, For Trade and Wanted ads, members could quickly filter the ad types.
And the same for general forums with Review, News and Article threads which get lost amongst the other threads.

Obviously the thread prefix filter functionality exists, but we feel it's a bit hidden at the moment.
If there were a number of tabs above the thread list, which only appear when there are prefixes, e.g.
All threads | For Sale | For Trade | Wanted
Then it would be immediately obvious to readers what the tabs do, and would make the whole experience of finding the ones they want much easier.

Maybe we could load the thread list filters with an Ajax call?
Thank you.

Doesn't look like it, and the author hasn't been around for quite a while.
I think the tabs would be a more consistent fit, anyway.
Might pay someone to do this with particular emphasis on efficiency (it can't slow down the thread view).

Doesn't look like it, and the author hasn't been around for quite a while.
I think the tabs would be a more consistent fit, anyway.
Might pay someone to do this with particular emphasis on efficiency (it can't slow down the thread view).
Ricardo is busy at the moment and so made a break with the development on XenForo. But his addon matches your needs. I've pushed a commit yesterday on Github after a few changes that he needs to review (especially about the added data registry that would need to be erased once the addon is uninstalled). If you want to pay someone, try first to contact him and make him a proposition (it might help to motivate him to come back ^^).

If you need to see his addon working on XenForo 1.2.3, contact me by pm, I will send you a link (website on development).

This is a great addition and was exactly what I was looking for. Props to the author !

Top Bottom