Thread Level Permissions (AKA: Private Threads) [Deleted]

@Snog , Just a quick question - Where do I change the colour of the text "Members Participating in This Thread:" and the names of the members.

Its currently grey and ive got it on a dark blue background so hard to see.

@Snog , Just a quick question - Where do I change the colour of the text "Members Participating in This Thread:" and the names of the members.

Its currently grey and ive got it on a dark blue background so hard to see.
That would be in your style properties. General, Page Description

@Snog

Ive got one member who can create a private thread, but then cant see it or take part in it. She has the same permissions as others in her usergroup which dont have this problem.

When she attempts to create a thread, although it creates, she is not on the participants list. It also throws this server error

ErrorException: Undefined index: snog_canview - library/Snog/ThreadPerms/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:42

Any advice at all?

@Snog

Ive got one member who can create a private thread, but then cant see it or take part in it. She has the same permissions as others in her usergroup which dont have this problem.

When she attempts to create a thread, although it creates, she is not on the participants list. It also throws this server error

ErrorException: Undefined index: snog_canview - library/Snog/ThreadPerms/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:42

Any advice at all?
If other users don't have the problem¸ then there is something unique about the user that is having the problem, or something unique about the way she's creating the thread.

Are the other participants showing in the participant list?

If other users don't have the problem¸ then there is something unique about the user that is having the problem, or something unique about the way she's creating the thread.

Are the other participants showing in the participant list?

They was, yes.

Just thought it was strange that it threw the error up on the server log.

That would be in your style properties. General, Page Description

When I change the colour of that, it only changes the color of the commas between the names, and not the actual names themselves.

They was, yes.

Just thought it was strange that it threw the error up on the server log.
The error you're getting is basically saying the thread doesn't exist in the forum. I would have to see the complete error and possibly look at other things to establish why that one user has a problem and other don't.

The error you're getting is basically saying the thread doesn't exist in the forum. I would have to see the complete error and possibly look at other things to establish why that one user has a problem and other don't.

I've started a thread up for her as no-one else seems to be having issues. Think it might be user error somehow!

Color Palette -> @mutedTextColor

Thank you.

Is there anyway I can alter something so Private Threads uses something different? Im using a dark grey for @mutedTextColour elsewhere on the forum, and if I change it to a lighter colour then you can see it!

Thank you.

Is there anyway I can alter something so Private Threads uses something different? Im using a dark grey for @mutedTextColour elsewhere on the forum, and if I change it to a lighter colour then you can see it!
You can edit the snog_thread_private_viewing.css template.

You can edit the snog_thread_private_viewing.css template.

Sorry to be a pain.

Code:
#privateList
{
    @property "pageDescription";
    font-size: @xb_fontsizes;
    color: rgb(110, 110, 110);
    margin-top: 2px;
    @property "/pageDescription";
}

I tried changing the color - However that just alters the text "Members participating in this thread" and also the commas.
Is there something I can add in there to pick a colour for the usernames shown?

Sorry to be a pain.

I tried changing the color - However that just alters the text "Members participating in this thread" and also the commas.
Is there something I can add in there to pick a colour for the usernames shown?
Change the color to what you want...
Code:
#privateList
{
   font-size: 11px;
   margin-top: 2px;
   color: rgb(110, 255, 110);
}

#privateList a
{
   color: rgb(110, 255, 110);
}

WARNING

If you upgrade to XenForo 2, all of your private threads will be visible to everyone. Place all of your private threads into the moderation queue by disabling this add-on BEFORE upgrading to XenForo 2.

Hi,
Can I ask a few questions please! First of all this was asked by a member of my forum:

Are posts made in these forums added to a users post count
If someone likes your post in the private thread, are these likes added to your like count?

A question from me now! A few members have said this to me:

This is the 3rd time that I have been locked out of my own thread by adding new members!
clear.png

Is there a way of adding members back into their own threads if they lose access for some reason?

Hi,
Can I ask a few questions please! First of all this was asked by a member of my forum:

Are posts made in these forums added to a users post count
If someone likes your post in the private thread, are these likes added to your like count?

A question from me now! A few members have said this to me:

This is the 3rd time that I have been locked out of my own thread by adding new members!
clear.png

Is there a way of adding members back into their own threads if they lose access for some reason?
To the first two questions, yes to both.

So far as the 3rd question, I can't duplicate the problem. But no, there isn't any way to add a member back into their own thread because there's no way to remove them from their own thread in the first place.

If someone can tell you exactly what happened when they were removed, that would help. Or if there is an error recorded, the stack trace would help too.

I will have a closer look at the problem tomorrow just to be sure.

Top Bottom