Thread Level Permissions (AKA: Private Threads) [Deleted]

Also, Private Thread notification shows up in the Siropu chat box (from an uninvited, non-staff test account).

upload_2016-8-8_12-22-4.webp

Sorry - where is this option set?
Ooops! I uploaded the php files but not the XML. Give me a few minutes then download the add-on again. Then update with the XML.

EDIT: You should be good to go now. Download and update with XML.

Last edited:
Also, Private Thread notification shows up in the Siropu chat box (from an uninvited, non-staff test account).
I don't have a copy of his add-on to see why it's happening, but I am guessing that thread permissions may not be being checked. I can't be sure of that though.

More specifically the canViewThread or canViewThreadAndContainer permissions of the person viewing the chat.

EDIT: After looking at the code on a client's site, this is confirmed. Chat assumes that if a thread is visible, not a redirect and not moderated that it is viewable by everyone in a forum. There is no user level verification that the user viewing chat can view the thread being announced in chat.

Last edited:
but i want to use it only in specific forum for all usergroup
Then in that forum node, set the permission for each user group. Or, just set it for the registered user group in that forum node. If your permissions are set up properly everyone should be able to use it in that forum then.

to much job, must use node permission for all other forums to set it up to no and in specific forum set yes, it will be much easyer to put that option inside plugin in future update.

to much job, must use node permission for all other forums to set it up to no and in specific forum set yes, it will be much easyer to put that option inside plugin in future update.
You don't have to set it to 'NO' for other forums.

Just set it to 'Allow' in the forum you want to use it in. See my last post, I edited it.

These are the options for setting permissions:

User Permissions: Use this if you want a specific user to post a private thread in any forum.
Usergroup Permissions: Use this if you want a usergroup to post a private thread in any forum.
Forum Node Usergroup Permission: Use this if you want a usergroup to be able to post a private thread only in select forums.
Forum Node User Permission: Use this if you want to allow only one person to be able to post a private thread in select forums.

Last edited:
Top Bottom