Thread Ban [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I have installed DBTech's add-on to test and all redirects and thread bans work as they should.
You obviously have something funky going on there :confused:
Not sure what else I can do to help., Sorry.

Edit: Try setting the thread ban load_class_controller Code Event Listener Execution Order to something higher than the DBTech one
How do I do that?

Also disabling everything except Thread Ban does not fix the issue if that helps at all.

Edit: My system admin knew what you were talking about so we did that in debug mode and it did nothing. This is the current error.

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: isThreadBanned

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 300
ThreadBan_ControllerPublic_Thread->_getBanNotice() in ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 24
ThreadBan_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rpdom/public_html/index.php at line 13

Important Note:
For those of you who are already using or are considering using a pirated version of this add-on, please note that those releases contain 20% more code than the ones I provide.
This can only mean that they contain some kind of Tracking, Virus, or Trojan. If you do use a pirated version, please do not contact me for support.
Thank you.

Syndol updated Thread Ban with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2

What's new:
  • Fixed a performance issue when the 'Thread Ban Message Ovelay' option was selected and viewing the forum list on very large boards that have many forums and sub forums.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ThreadBan/Model/Forum.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ThreadBan/Model/Thread.php' to your server, overwriting the old one
  3. Upgrade the addon-ThreadBan_102.xml

Read the rest of this update entry...

Intermittent errors appearing in my server error log ...

Code:
42 minutes ago - library/ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:300
42 minutes ago - library/ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:300
Today at 3:12 PM - library/ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:300
Today at 2:57 PM - library/ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:300

Once again, I'm unable to reproduce this error.
I assume this happens to you when trying to view a thread?!
Have you installed any new add-ons lately?
Please try re-uploading all of the files to your server.

If it helps, the server error log is now showing these related entries.

I am still unable to reproduce these errors. It sounds like you have another add-on that does not return the complete parent function (an in case of your newest error, function _getDefaultViewParams() in particular).

The only thing I can suggest other than deactivationg other add-ons one at a time, is to change the Code Event Listener's execution order. This can be found under the Development tab of your ACP when debug mode is on. Try lowering the order for the load_class_controller for Thread Ban.
Other than that, I'm fresh out of ideas.

I just installed the addon and also got the error when watching a thread

Code:
Server Error

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 300
    ThreadBan_ControllerPublic_Thread->_getBanNotice() in ThreadBan/ControllerPublic/Thread.php at line 24
    ThreadBan_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/mysite/index.php at line 22

Please try deactivating other add-ons one at a time to see if that makes a difference.
I am unable to reproduce this error.

I would be interested in purchasing this add-on if it made it possible for members to self-ban from threads. Syndol, let's face it, this feature is the logical next step for this add-on :)

This add-on is a moderation tool. I do not see why a regular member would want to ban themselves.

Syndol updated Thread Ban with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3

What's new:
  • Updated for XenForo 1.2.0
  • No longer requires template edits.
  • Added hidden code to help identify license holder in the event the add-on is pirated or shared.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Only install if you have XenForo 1.2.0 or newer!
  2. If you previously manually applied the template edits, then please revert those templates first
  3. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/ThreadBan' to your server, overwriting the old one
  4. Upgrade the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Syndol

Any plans to add the option to ban by hours to this? Or does it require at least a day to work?

Currently it requires a minimum of one day.
In my opinion, a few hours is not enough to "cool off" from a heated argument.
What do the rest of you think?

My thinking behind it would be for it to serve as a bit of a warning. A quick "look, this is what will happen if you continue" might be all some arguments need.

Some of our threads are discussions about events that are happening right now, a day ban seems extreme.

Anyway, just a suggestion. See what others think.

Top Bottom