1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread about the severe weather today, Wednesday

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chimpie, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

2. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

We're under a severe weather warning and flood watch from 1 am til 10 am tomorrow

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I think we are too. Flash flood watch and river flood advisory until sometime tomorrow...

4. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

5. Chimpie

More videos were uploaded overnight. Unbelievable footage.

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Several people were killed in Tennessee last night as the result of storms, tornadoes and hail.
    John (member here) said they had hail the size of tennis balls. :eek:

Yesterday Tuscaloosa, Alabama had a tornado that wiped out half the town.

7. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

That is horrible :(

8. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

It really is. From what I saw on the Weather Channel yesterday, there was a massive outbreak of tornadoes. ;(
    The one I was talking about in the post above was in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Ripped out half the town and killed 15 people.

9. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

This is a vid of the Tuscaloosa tornado. A news station is taping this - It was later rated an EF4.

10. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Wow, just watching the news. The latest count is 200 dead across the south US.

More severe weather is expected today.

11. Chimpie

I'll probably be heading to Alabama in the next couple of days with a team from the Red Cross. I've been a volunteer for 14 years but this will be my first national response.

iTuN3r likes this.
  12. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

It's been a while since I've seen footage of an "angry" tornado. It even looks like it's trying to spawn more tornados but the main one is disrupting the flow too much for that to happen.

13. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep they commented on that on the news. There were 2 other "possible" tornadoes trying to form in that line there, tho we only see the one other one.

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

God bless you for doing that.

15. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I've been trying to reach my cousin who lives in Decatur Alabama, since last night.
    Only getting his voice mail. :(

16. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Holy Schmoooly :eek: I hope John and family are unaffected!

I do hope your cousin is OK too Peggy.

Peggy likes this.
  17. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

John told me this morning on Twitter that they had 3 tornadoes in his area last night. One right in, or near, Knoxville, where he is. It was a scary night for him and his family.

Another cousin is mia as well. My cousin Karen and her family live in Atlanta, which was hard hit by tornadoes yesterday. Her mother hasn't heard from her yet, only gets her voice mail.

Still can't reach my cousin Terry. Voicemail. This man is not only my favorite cousin, but my best friend.

18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

One cousin down, one to go. Karen sent me a message that she and family are ok in Atlanta.
    Still no one has heard from Terry in Alabama. :(

19. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

FINALLY got through to my cousin Terry late last night. Cell service is intermittent at best.

He and family is ok, but he said the devastation surrounding them is unbelievable. Entire neighborhoods are wiped out. One street over from them, every house on the street is leveled.

Over 200 people dead in Alabama alone. That number is sure to rise, because so many people are still missing.
    This is only one state out of the 6 or 7 others that were hit by this massive outbreak of tornadoes, the worst in decades.

Kim likes this.
  20. steven s

steven s Well-Known Member