XF 2.1 thousands of broken imageshack URLs

dethfire

Over the years I'd accumulated thousands of imageshack image URLs that have gone broken. What is a good way to remove them in one go?

You could possibly do the following:
1. Create a "Censor Word" for imageshack, which changes it to "REMOVETHISPOST12345".
2. Temporarily extend your search results per page/maximum.
3. Search for "REMOVETHISPOST12345"
4. Mass delete at x per page.

I might be wrong but I don't think you can batch update/process threads by using a keyword.

Not easily as every link is different.

Technically you could disable the link in the same way as above so it's not clickable, but I don't think there is a way unless you edit each post.

Thanks, yeah, it can't be good for the health of the site. I have so many, the broken links end up being a significant portion of my link profile.
Probably not a big deal for SEO per se, but may well be for useability which of course feeds into SEO

This addon says it will batch fix broken links:

The one I used (Dead Link managment) is no longer available, if this above one works like that one then it will solve your issue.

Our forum is currently using imgur.com to host images. Were you doing the same but with imageshack? Now that I'm reading this post, I'm a bit concern about our current image hosting option for the long run.

Our forum is currently using imgur.com to host images. Were you doing the same but with imageshack? Now that I'm reading this post, I'm a bit concern about our current image hosting option for the long run.
imageshack a few years ago ended hotlinking or some hotlinking and replaced the images with a promotional ad. it was really really horrible of them and screwed up thousands of threads for us. I now use @AndyB's covert image plugin so we don't have to worry what an external host will do

Top Bottom