1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed $this->responseMessage() taken as an error on AJAX request

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by digitalpoint, May 1, 2012.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

If you have an OverlayTrigger link that makes it's request via AJAX/JSON, and it returns a message via $this->responseMessage()... shouldn't this be one of the normal non-modal alerts? Instead it throws the big red error message dialog.

I also checked the underlying HTTP response... and the response itself does NOT have an error in it... only the normal message object.

Maybe it has to do with it being a GET vs. a POST, but I would think it should still work if some of the other responses work as a GET.

ragtek likes this.
  2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Definitely related... but I didn't even care about specifying a timeout... rather it would just be nice to have consistent results when using that method.

jadmperry and ragtek like this.
  4. jadmperry

jadmperry Well-Known Member

I am not smart enough about this subject to know why this is happening...but I think I get the gist as to why it's a problem.

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've made the message handling consistent with the way it shows up from an auto validator (4 seconds).

digitalpoint likes this.