1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This guy is not running a damned web forum, he is having fun !!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AnthonyCea, Feb 26, 2011.

1. AnthonyCea

AnthonyCea Well-Known Member

What the hell are we doing running forums when we could be doing something that is actually fun and fulfilling ??

erich37, PeterT and Steve F like this.
  2. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

You ain't heard me play the guitar then...that's why I run a forum, it protects peoples ears haha

DoctorWatsOn likes this.
  3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

good stuff, but i like this guy better:

the first guy does have a great video editing style though

4. AnthonyCea

Yeah, the kid is good for sure.

So what do these guys do, get some karaoke software to take out the lead guitar and vocals then they fill in place ?

5. John

John Well-Known Member

These guys are the best I've ever seen/heard...really unbelievable! They were all in separate locations and recorded their own parts and then it was all mixed.

dieketzer likes this.
  6. AnthonyCea

Amazing that professional musicians still spend their lives trying to figure out the mystery of Led Zeppelin's music.

Can you imagine if they would have filmed all their live concerts, they would be Zillionaires instead of Billionaires !!

This is very rare, so record it before the Zep reps force YT to take it down, it shows them at their best improvising and changing tunes when played live in concert, like Plant said recently, they were great when they were great, that is why he does not want to get the band back together because he can't sing like that anymore.

dieketzer likes this.
  7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

And for me it's fun running forums :D
    (and doing a few more things)

8. AnthonyCea

Walter, get hold of me and we will start a ZepTube forum man !!

9. dieketzer

a lot of guitar magazines include a cd with different backing tracks every month.
    karaoke software normally targets a specific range in the eq of the centre channel, which is pretty easy. removing guitars would be pretty hard as they are usually stereo and panned one way or another, and occupy a wider frequency range.

10. dieketzer

one of the earliest web-based multi-tracking projects i worked on was a cover of 'what is and what should never be'.
    it didnt sound anywhere near as cool as that though. our singer sang through a computer mic and our drummer recorded himself on a cassette boom-box...
    wiawsnb.mp3

11. Coby

Coby Active Member

*cough*

Wait until 1.50 to feel the chills.

kforo and dieketzer like this.
  12. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

dieketzer likes this.
  13. dieketzer

14. kforo

kforo Active Member

coby - awesome 12 string - Thx, never seen that guy before. Everyone has probably seen these, as I know they're very popular
    (and if not, then you should just listen)

"into the ocean" by andy is also just amazing. Love hearing people play with real talent

dieketzer likes this.
  15. dieketzer

never heard of the john butler trio?!?! [​IMG]