this forum - conversation threads - 10-minute edit-lock limit

stevenavery

This seems especially quick for the conversation area.
Even for the forum area, it seems quick, there, however, it is understandable. (Assuming it is the same.)

Can the conversation be given a longer EDIT time limit?

(I am just starting out with Xenforo, however I am getting help in the conversation area and noticed the short time for editing!)

Thanks!

Well, that is how XF chose to set the edit time limit. Here on XF they set it to 10 minutes.

You can set that limit for your forum however you see it fit. I set it to 20 minutes as an example.

1569871171354.webp

Thanks.

It would be good to ask XF to increase:

Conversation Permissions
"Time limit on editing own messages (minutes)"

Since that is informal, and does not really have the problem of a person perhaps changing a post after a response.
Usually if you are in a private conversation, you would not want to be ultra-strict, thus chopping up posts as you get a bit more info.

Perhaps there are all sorts of large conversation groups?

We have no plans to change it here.

As customers conduct personal business in conversations (service/development, offers) and we do not moderate conversations or maintain any sort of edit history, having a limited scope for editing messages protects customers somewhat from certain undesirable behaviour - such as changing the price/terms agreed.

If there's a pressing use case for which editing conversation messages for longer is required, then we'd need to hear more about that. But, for now, the restrictions remain.

No pressing case. My particular use was simply very informal analysis, and often you go back and add urls and other information after the first pass.

Top Bottom