1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by CMGDevel, Dec 12, 2014.

1. CMGDevel

CMGDevel Active Member

I have had users complaining about this and was able to recreate it myself just now when trying to login with Facebook. I think the users who have had this happen (also while trying to login) where doing a normal non-Facebook login.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Can you reproduce this here? Can you provide the specific steps necessary?

The error can be expected (and unavoidable) in some cases, but it depends what is happening.
  3. CMGDevel

CMGDevel Active Member

I sure wish that I could..... Several other users reported it as well. All seemed to be on the login page. Perhaps if you could explain why it is unavoidable, I would have a better idea what to look for.
  4. Mike

I can't really give any more specifics unless I can see it happen. There are lots of things that depend on the specific circumstances.
  5. adwolf1

adwolf1 Active Member

Hi Mike -- I know this is a couple of weeks old, and I don't know if you've gotten any more details about it, but I had a similar experience using silence's external accounts extended, when you try to use it from the from the /login/login page (ie, after a user makes an error trying to log in initially) --

see: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/external-accounts-extended-paid.68758/page-15#post-874086

same thing?
  6. Mike

The context there is -- if it's specific to his login types -- that it'd be a bug in the add-on code to some degree. It is difficult to prevent entirely though because it's just redirecting back to the page the users were on.