Thinking of the move from Vbulletin4+vbseo help please?

Hi guys, we are a old forum that has long been indexed in the search engines,
We are running vbulletin4+vbseo (which is dead now), So in the process of thinking of removing vbseo, we also determined that the move to xenforo might be the easiest way out.

How hard of a process will it be to make sure the old indexed urls are redirected once I convert to xenforo?

will the fact that I have vbseo isntalled make the conversion to xenforo difficult?

How about photo albums, and pictures and attachments? those should convert over well ok?

I am given confidence that avforums have made the move as well as many others, so very intrusted as I do not want to hurt our rankings and our alexa rankings,

thanks much for any guidance on this matter, as we feel we are stuck since vbseo is now dead, and upgrades for vbulletin wont work because vbseo is now dead and the process to remove vbseo seems like a huge task.

That is in the suggestion forum and so it's not yet something that can be done, but if you think it's a good idea... Add your thoughts on the subject.
I shuld get a bit familiar with he forum here first, before making suggestions.

Anyway: A node having multiple parents would be great for big boards, but smaller forums probably don't need that.

But some other question:

1. Atm, we are running Wordpress as a portal page for vB (because the vB CMS drove us nuts). But i rather would like to replace Wordpress with a more integrated solution. Anybody has experiences with XenPorta?

2. Another big point for us is, that we need the Level3 Nodes in the forum list. We would like it rather like in this picture:

MediaPortal Forum - Google Chrome_2012-04-16_23-50-02.webp

I still didn't get exactly, how to do that with xF. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/sub-nodes-in-columns.30058/#post-349233

Especially meanwhile something similar ist included to the core - but it doesn't look half as nice as the picture.

Hi all, decided to go slow on the conversion over,

Will I be able to add the branding free option later?

Can I edit the license URL once purchased like vb does, if I change domains, etc?

What kind of options are there for the frontpage? Is there like a recent activity threads code thing I can paste into a homepage index? (i think i asked this before, have to re-read this thread)

I will hopefully be testing xenforo out on a smaller forum I have and get acquainted with the admin controls, etc

Much thanks to this thread and everyones input, I really want to make the change, its just that I have to keep in mind the vbseo and google stuff, so have to plan out a smooth transition.

Can I edit the license URL once purchased like vb does, if I change domains, etc?

What kind of options are there for the frontpage? Is there like a recent activity threads code thing I can paste into a homepage index? (i think i asked this before, have to re-read this thread)

1) Yes it can be purchased later

2) Yes this is fine

3) SimplePortal, XenPorta, Wordpress, Custom HTML

Hi all, decided to go slow on the conversion over,

I will hopefully be testing xenforo out on a smaller forum I have and get acquainted with the admin controls, etc

Much thanks to this thread and everyones input, I really want to make the change, its just that I have to keep in mind the vbseo and google stuff, so have to plan out a smooth transition.

personally - IMO, we've done better in google because of the changes from vbseo -> xenforo. Also, performance wise, we've done better.

Top Bottom