1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of Buying a Used iMac

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Robert F Schmitz, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

What are the thoughts on this ad? What are worthwhile questions to ask regarding these Macs?

Is this a reasonable asking price? Depending on my research and our feedback, I may pick this up tomorrow morning.
  2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Sage Knight likes this.
  3. Robert F Schmitz

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately funds are limited but I want to utilize an Adobe suite that was given to me by my brother-in-law that he's no longer using. To that end, is the $480 a worthwhile price or should I go $400? That may allow me to upgrade memory possibly.
  4. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Well here's a better question, is the adobe suite compatible with that Mac? I hope it's not the old G5 versions of Adobe Suite you have and I most certainly hope the specs are compatible.
  5. Robert F Schmitz

No it is for an Intel based mac. Problem is that I am not too familiar with them (the Intel based ones) so I want to feel out the Maccies here. :)

edit: CS6
  6. Sage Knight

Sage Knight Well-Known Member

Finance it, if you're into education you can also get about $200 discount depending where you live.

You won't have to buy anything to replace it with for the years to come.