TheXPGamer

Brad P

So I have had a few gaming sites that took some unfortunate events over the past few years, managed to bring back some parts of the original style of S0rethumbs and Achievements Gaming, anyway its not got much content on the site.

not sure what direct i will go down in terms of what i want to put on it but i mainly want ideas if possible.

See below what the style it was before i changed it up, a skin from @Russ website Flat AwesomePlus

If you wish to visit the site check it out here https://thexpgamer.com/forums/
upload_2017-6-24_22-10-35.webp
TheXPgamer

Forums Page

upload_2017-6-24_22-5-54.webp

upload_2017-6-24_22-3-32.webp

HomePage
upload_2017-6-24_22-6-35.webp

Hi Gemma, how are you? nice to see you around also :) you are looking well

tbh i probably won't do much to the site content wise, i actually enjoy changing up default styles into something different lol, just need time to learn more on styling/coding, since my promotion at work i don't get much time these days.

With some awesome edits by @Gemma i have updated my homepage,member visitor panel and profile page into something more easy on the eye

Updated HomePage, with FA icons into the article page, also a power button so you can logout quicker.
upload_2017-7-9_9-14-37.webp

ForumPage
Taken the solid blue bars out of the category layout with a single blue line, i found the chunky blue square bars to heavy lastly i have added new node icons
visitor panel updated with FA icons and put the status bar into the mix.
upload_2017-7-9_9-21-24.webp

ProfilePage
Last update was the profile page, using @ThemeHouse covers and @Gemma coding skills it all ties in very nicely, FA also below covers
upload_2017-7-9_9-23-57.webp

Some feedback.

I would cut down on the amount of topics. Many of them could easily just become Sticky Threads. The problem is there's so little engagement just spreading out the content will result in an emptier forum.

Personally what I would do to start out for topics.

Site Announcements -

Introductions -
General -

Gaming - News Related Topics and New Releases and General Gaming Topics.
Gaming Community - Talk about Older Games and have Sticky Threads for Specific needs, like xbox gamers/ps4 gamers etc....

I would also completely change the look honestly. The site looks like hundreds of other xenforo forums on here. You need to give it identity. Make it sleeker, Unique.

For example here is my site
http://nefitter.com/index.php

It has a unique look to it, something to differentiate itself from the pack.

I would also completely change the look honestly. The site looks like hundreds of other xenforo forums on here. You need to give it identity. Make it sleeker, Unique.

For example here is my site
http://nefitter.com/index.php
I think he's worked pretty hard on this as well as having some assistance customizing it. Coming in with feedback is one thing but promoting your site as an example is bad taste. I find yours quite dull and boring to be honest.

I think he's worked pretty hard on this as well as having some assistance customizing it. Coming in with feedback is one thing but promoting your site as an example is bad taste. I find yours quite dull and boring to be honest.

That's fine, all it was is feedback. I personally believe most xenforo examples have almost the exact same skin with slightly different colors and side layouts.

In my opinion I think most people should aim to really make theirs different and stand out in some way.

Why do you think I was promoting my site?

I thought seeing something visually would help with the point I was trying make. My website was a good example of this, so that's why I linked it. There's better ways to promote a site and linking it here to get like 2 people to click on it? seems like you're jumping to conclusions to quickly here.

My website is, it's striped down and rather simple. But that was intentional.

I think in this day and age that's what you need. Twitter and Reddit both look boring but they're thriving for their simplicity.

My website was trying to reflect this. It's also getting an overhaul this week anyway, then I'll start the push to grow membership.

I really like your new header and navigation.

However, not to be nit picky, but I don't think it's Gemma who deserves the credit for the member card. As the html and css both is just copied from Audentios material theme. (Majority of it)

From inspecting it that is. Meh, I could be wrong.

Rest of the site looks great! I like the TAZ inspired user banners too :) Looks sharp!

Appreciate the comments guys :)

Haven't had chance to get online lately, sometimes I wish I could retire from work haha.

@Gemma I love the new setup you have going on the homepage. Beautiful work

I like your site. I remember s0rethumbs. Wasn't active on there but I remember seeing it. Anyways good job on your new site. Hopefully this one works out better for you.

Top Bottom