1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 There is a quick/easy to set group permission to forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Jefferson Filho, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Jefferson Filho

Jefferson Filho Active Member

Hello guys! I would like to know if there is a quick or easy way to set permission to my forum.... Because I moved from ipb to xf and all my group permissions on my forum was restarted, so now I have to set permission to every group to each forum.... And this is taking me ages to do! Can't i just do like in IPB u set the permission for the forum in one page with all the gropus there?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Jefferson Filho

Thank you for your quick reply! Yes I did read your post before posting, but my question is.

How do I set a permission to a forum quick

[​IMG]

As you can see in this image I have to go through each group and set permission for this forum and this take me ages because I have lot of sub forums and forums.

4. Jake Bunce

There is no option to update multiple groups at once. But you may be able to take advantage of inheritance by setting permissions for the category.

5. Jefferson Filho

Humm I see so what you're trying to is, If I set a 'x' permission on the category all the forums follwing the category will have the same permission?

6. Jake Bunce

Correct.

Jefferson Filho likes this.
  7. Jefferson Filho

Thank you!

8. teerialegends

teerialegends New Member

It does not, I've tried it myself and setting permissions on a category does not let me able to post in either one of the sections. Not even as administrator.

9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You should use the analyze permissions tool to determine why the permissions are being seen a certain way. If I had to guess, I'd suspect that "never" has been used somewhere.

10. sinucello

sinucello Well-Known Member