themesinc support ?

daveb

I had been researching a new theme for our site, liked the look of resurgent so went to themesinc site and purchased it yesterday morning

installed it and love it, however found quite a few issues that i believe are theme based

1. BIG issue is that notices do not display at all, verified by reverting to other themes which do display notices ok
2. RSS Icons missing next to forums
3. Forum read/unread icons missing
4. BIG Issue = regardless of permissions you cannot reply to posts in a thread as the editor does not display (again verified by reverting to other themes where it is)

Obviously these are show stoppers

I thought no problem will simply go to their site and look in forums, contact support.

But the site says:-
Sorry, we're currently unavailable.

Themes Inc is under new management!

Please bare with us, the forum will reopen in the next 24 to 48 hours.

so does anyone have any ideas about how i can resolve my two big show stopper issues in the meantime ?

How can i contact Miko direct, checked a few threads on here and it looks like he is winding down themesinc but I still need support for the product that i only bought yesterday ?

It probably is caused by templates that are out of data, which contain the new functionality. How I would approach it is grabbing a tool like Notepad++ or any other tool able to allow you to make text-comparisons, then enter the Admin CP, and head to Appearance. From the sidebar there, check for 'Outdated templates'.

It will come back with a list of templates for each style. Find the ones for 'Resurgent', and then open a template.

Copy its contents into your text compare tool, and revert the template. Once done, open the reverted templater, and copy/paste the text from that into the compare tool, and compare the changes between the two. This should allow you to figure out which code was added or reverted, and then allow for merging the templates.

It requires a bit of experience to spot the differences and be able to merge the templates, though.

If you run into any issues, post it here, and someone will be able to help you out.

Miko is selling themesinc:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ragtek-addons.25525/page-4#post-310235

It sounds like the style was made for version 1.0.x and you are running 1.1.x. Those problems can be fixed by reverting any outdated templates, but that will lose some customizations in the style. For example, the notices can probably be fixed by reverting this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> PAGE_CONTAINER

Ideally the author can provide an updated version of the style made for 1.1.x.

edit - ninjas

The style was updated for 1.1. Inside the package are 2 versions, one for 1.0.x and one for 1.1.x. Did you install the correct version?

just an fyi. Deebs is helping me work through these issues via conversation :) Thx for all the help people :)

Got the reply to post working (had to disable the sidebar toggle for the style for editor to show in latest firefox)

Resurgent has not been updated to 1.1.1, only xenFracture. There is a confirmed issue with FF 9.0.1 and the sidebar collapse in these skins. The issue is strictly related to bugs in FF 9.0.1 (many jquery problems with this FF release) and it appears to have been corrected in FF 10 Beta 3. Themesinc is now owned by me and is operating under the domain www.xenstyles.com. We will be putting a redirect up for Themesinc shortly (wanted to get everything working on xenStyles first). One of the first orders of business is to get Resurgent and Lucent updated to 1.1.1 - feel free to post over there for support, your account is active there ;)

Firefox 9 has too many issues.

I've been a FF user for a long time, I want to use it.
But I am going almost full time Chrome now.

I could handle the leaky memory issues with Firefox.
They will continue to lose users if they keep releasing buggy stuff.

c'mon firefox get it together.

Resurgent has not been updated to 1.1.1, only xenFracture. There is a confirmed issue with FF 9.0.1 and the sidebar collapse in these skins. The issue is strictly related to bugs in FF 9.0.1 (many jquery problems with this FF release) and it appears to have been corrected in FF 10 Beta 3. Themesinc is now owned by me and is operating under the domain www.xenstyles.com. We will be putting a redirect up for Themesinc shortly (wanted to get everything working on xenStyles first). One of the first orders of business is to get Resurgent and Lucent updated to 1.1.1 - feel free to post over there for support, your account is active there ;)

Said it privately, but will say it again.... CONGRATS! :D

I am very glad you purchased ThemesInc John, and wish you huge success with it :D

Top Bottom