• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Themesinc.com - New Styles now available!

Themesinc's own forum seems pretty dead also.

What has happened to Pank and Miko? :(

That happens a lot bro. Skin design companies come and go all of the time, especially with new forum softwares. That and most of the time guys do it for a hobby but then realize that they aren't making the money they had hoped so they disappear.

Themesinc's own forum seems pretty dead also.

What has happened to Pank and Miko? :(

Nothing much , we are awaiting for XenForo 1.1.
All skins are current with no bugs.
That is why we have been quite.

That happens a lot bro. Skin design companies come and go all of the time, especially with new forum softwares. That and most of the time guys do it for a hobby but then realize that they aren't making the money they had hoped so they disappear.

True, but in our case we are still here and waiting to see in what direction XenForo is going. With a major update coming there is no point in releasing anything new right now.

Thanks for the hard work guys, the styles are great and people seem to really appreciate them.
Good luck with 1.1 and style updates, plus releasing new things this/next year.

I would like to see a really clean, light, fresh, unbloated style from Themes Inc... something that successes Flexile.

Keep all the little pretty images and css backgrounds down, minimize loading, optimized for speed, clean and really easy to read. Think 30 - 40+ aged users, considering most money on the web comes from older persons, not younger.

Lots of space between blocks, bigger text, reallyyyyyyyyy clean and unobtrusive style.

Flexile is the closest thing to date for Xenforo that meets this... hence why its the most discussed, used and supported for Xenforo at present.

I get so sick and tired of these complicated, image intensive themes that have background css images loading on most lines, corners of boxes, etc... all just annoying crap.

Anthony Parsons has some great points there, and the current offerings from themesinc.com doesn't cut it for me yet. They are too graphical intensive and bloated right now. A clean and timeless design is needed, which continues in the path of the default style and Flexile.

I might have to place an order for a custom style if the offerings doesn't get any better than this. Don't misunderstand me, I think the current styles from them are great in their own sense, but not enough of the minimalistic approach I need them to have.

but not enough of the minimalistic approach I need them to have.
Well said....

I have Themes Inc skins, all of them... yet none are live, because every one is bloated and readers didn't like them for font sizes, darkness, colour mismatches.... they're simply too complicated. I ended up with Flexile or default at present, being the two cleanest themes for XF available.

I absolutely love the Themes Inc Xenomorph framework... extremely easy to manage and add custom aspects. The styles just suck right now... as though there designed for kids.

I would like to see a really clean, light, fresh, unbloated style from Themes Inc... something that successes Flexile.

Keep all the little pretty images and css backgrounds down, minimize loading, optimized for speed, clean and really easy to read. Think 30 - 40+ aged users, considering most money on the web comes from older persons, not younger.

Lots of space between blocks, bigger text, reallyyyyyyyyy clean and unobtrusive style.

Flexile is the closest thing to date for Xenforo that meets this... hence why its the most discussed, used and supported for Xenforo at present.

I get so sick and tired of these complicated, image intensive themes that have background css images loading on most lines, corners of boxes, etc... all just annoying crap.
My next style for XenForo will be a completely minimalistic style. Think along the lines of PremiumPixel's minimalistic WordPress styles. Flexile may be "clean" but it's definitely not minimalistic and still has poor performance in my opinion (both because of images and because of all the CSS3 drop shadows, rounded corners, etc. that need to be rendered). :)

My next style for XenForo will be a completely minimalistic style. Think along the lines of PremiumPixel's minimalistic WordPress styles. Flexile may be "clean" but it's definitely not minimalistic and still has poor performance in my opinion (both because of images and because of all the CSS3 drop shadows, rounded corners, etc. that need to be rendered). :)
I won't complain about that. If it meets all that, I am happy to pay my money for it.

I have Themes Inc skins, all of them... yet none are live, because every one is bloated and readers didn't like them for font sizes, darkness, colour mismatches.... they're simply too complicated.

I have xenfracture and resurgent but they are not the default skins for the same reasons you have mentioned. I'm just providing them as optional skins. We have a large number of users who prefer dark skins. So I thought they would use xenfracture but instead they prefer blackend which is a free skin :) However, I'm seeing many sites which use xenfracture as default. May be it is just us...

My advice to Miko and Pank would be to focus on speed and usability.

I want this theme. Not only I like minimmalist, I think its easier to to adapt to Movable Type.

Flexile may be "clean" but it's definitely not minimalistic and still has poor performance in my opinion (both because of images and because of all the CSS3 drop shadows, rounded corners, etc. that need to be rendered). :)
Yer, it is a bit slower than the default XF style... yet cleaner and a little more intuitive than the default XF style. I look forward to seeing what you have to offer with your next release Erik, if you say it will be cleaner and faster than your Flexile.

Good healthy competition is always excellent with design IMO.

Miko said:
Yes they are in the works :)
We decided to make two fairly dark skin to start with simply because we both wanted to learn the inside and outs of XenForo style system, and making a dark skin is the best way to do that :)

I would expect great design from Themes Inc in the future :D

Just wondering why people have taken Miko's and Pank's thread completely off topic.

Each designer has their own style, and they're obviously going to carry that over to personal things (Which styles are) as it is their preference.

I'm getting a bit sick and tired of people ignoring staff and moderating decisions.

My last post wasn't a request - this is a style thread, not a discussion on the Themesinc business.

Posts deleted.

Top Bottom