Style Theme similar to vB's Skylight

Soliloquy

I'm new to XF, and not familiar with all the templates or customization yet. I looked through the themes listed on this site and didn't find anything quite close to what I'm looking for, which is something similar to the Skylight theme. Any assistance appreciated!

I'm new to XF, and not familiar with all the templates or customization yet. I looked through the themes listed on this site and didn't find anything quite close to what I'm looking for, which is something similar to the Skylight theme. Any assistance appreciated!
Are you looking for a pre-made style or a custom style?

If there's a specific element (forum list or navigation) or feel you prefer it would help to make something that matches your tastes without copying the Skylight style directly.

Yes they are, well to me anyways. They both have that "completevb" feel. As far as I know, no other xF skin looks or feels that way.

Not to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing but I have to agree with Forsaken (confusing myself now) :p I can't see any resemblance but then without getting into a pissing contest hopefully someone can create some similar to the OP choosing. Just out of curiosity, and if the OP wanted to replicate this style down to the last detail wouldn't you have to get permission from the author of the vb style? I still think it's stepping on a stylers toes not asking if it's okay to replicate the style even though it's for another software.

Something one might want to look into before work gets started and you get a disgruntled styler coming over and saying "you ripped the style". or something like that and along those lines.

I was speaking to Matthew Price a while ago and he was planning to port all of his completevb designs to xF, I'm not sure if he is still going to do that or not though.

@OP: Might be worth asking him?

I was speaking to Matthew Price a while ago and he was planning to port all of his completevb designs to xF, I'm not sure if he is still going to do that or not though.

@OP: Might be worth asking him?

Definitely would be a good idea for the OP to ask, heck he might even take this on as a custom job so it wouldn't hurt to ask. If he does refuse to take the jb on it would be wise asking if it would okay to replicate the style that way you and the person taking on this job have their backs covered.

Not to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing but I have to agree with Forsaken (confusing myself now) :p I can't see any resemblance but then without getting into a pissing contest hopefully someone can create some similar to the OP choosing. Just out of curiosity, and if the OP wanted to replicate this style down to the last detail wouldn't you have to get permission from the author of the vb style? I still think it's stepping on a stylers toes not asking if it's okay to replicate the style even though it's for another software.

Something one might want to look into before work gets started and you get a disgruntled styler coming over and saying "you ripped the style". or something like that and along those lines.
Thats why I mentioned pointing out the elements she likes so that you can base a similar style around those. You'll get a similar feel, but you can make it original at the same time.

Looks like he's abandoned completeVB - the last time I went there it was a spam-fest. (sorry for the OT post)

Top Bottom