The "Wow, feature X is just awesome" thread!

Been Told

Every time I browse through here or post or something, I keep noticing little things that make me go: wow, that totally makes sense! Why didn't anyone else do this?

My first two:
Watching a thread.
I have never ever heard of a need for daily digests or whatever. For me it's always a question of with or without e-mail notifications. And that's how it's done here.
Watch this thread -> check
and receive email notifications -> check.
Simple and great.

Another thing I really like a lot is the textarea in the reply form that grows along with the size of your text...

I also think that it's good to give positive feedback when it's deserved. So go ahead, post yours. :)

Edit:
Even when clicking "watch this topic" after you created it (in postbit), it doesn't reload the page, just uses AJAX. PERFECT!

This is not a feature, but I've just thought:
Wow, this is in Alpha stage and seems world's apart in regards to bugs and stability to what vBulletin 4 GOLD was. LOL
Well, you're only seeing a small amount of what can be done (as an end-user). Many of the bugs that tend to appear come from option configurations, server settings, and other things that you can't necessarily try here. All the more reason to get it into people's hands.

Well, you're only seeing a small amount of what can be done (as an end-user). Many of the bugs that tend to appear come from option configurations, server settings, and other things that you can't necessarily try here. All the more reason to get it into people's hands.

And when will that be ??

Is that a call for alpha testers Mike?
I'm game
yesu.gif

Jacquii.

I appreciate what you're saying - but I'm comparing the same level of access here. When vB.com went public with vB4 Gold, it was a nightmare. And they didn't have all the features yet either.
And really, all it was, was a new templating system with a new CMS.

This is a whole new forum software, written from scratch. I think, if anything, that comparison favors vBulletin unfairly. Which just says that much more about XenForo.

As I say in my signature (imagine heavy German accent for authenticity): Better Xen vBulletin. :D

Seriously though, I know what you mean Mike. But still - this kind of quality in an Alpha release is outstanding. You guys deserve all the praise you are getting.

Top Bottom