Lack of interest The term default style can be confusing...

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

beerForo

since stock style is named Default, and you can set a different Default. Perhaps call it Stock.

For example, in email settings

Default email style:
-Use default style
-Default style
-Custom style

So it is asking if you want to use the set default, the named Default, or your custom, as the default email template.

Kinda confusing! I mean I get it, but not everyone will.

Also for troubleshooting purposes I've been asked if I am using the default style. Semantically, yes, but no.

Just food for thought. And yeah we can rename it. :D Just a suggestion for core and new users.

Last edited:
Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can do that, but you could also just delete it if you don't use it.

You could always recreate the "Default" style by simply creating a new one and naming it "Default".

Why not just rename the Xenforo default to, well, Xenforo default or XF default to make it more immediately identifiable to you?

I think you are missing the point that I am not confused. I have been using xenforo for four years and understand the difference between Default and default.

I am merely agreeing with the OP who says:

Kinda confusing! I mean I get it, but not everyone will.

And this is the point. You understand, I understand, the developers understand. I'm sure many of my users would find it confusing when I say "Default is no longer default."

We're probably going to do something here.

Either rename the style, or add some description text (it's currently blank), or both.

I think you are missing the point that I am not confused. I have been using xenforo for four years and understand the difference between Default and default.
I am merely agreeing with the OP who says:

I don't believe I am. I already conceded there might be some mild confusion for a brand new user, most likely only in the case of getting support after they've chosen another style as their default and are asked by support if they're using "the default," but then it will be explained to them once and they'll never have to ask again.

Last edited:
There is still scope for that.

All it would take is for an admin to rename any style to Default and we're back to where we started.

Top Bottom