Fixed The site is currently being upgraded....

Snog

Affected version
2.0 Beta 3
While attempting to upgrade one of my add-ons, the upgrade would halt and only show the 'The site is currently being upgraded. Please check back later.' message on a white screen.

There were no other errors, nothing in the error log and nothing in the server error log.

It turned out to be a mistyped "default" for changeColumn $table->changeColumn('thisid', 'INT', 10)->default(0); should have been $table->changeColumn('thisid', 'INT', 10)->setDefault(0);.

I don't know if the halt on a white screen is by design or not. But some hint has to what went wrong would be really helpful.

Disable event listener, in config.php

I read somewhere same problem with addon.

I am not expert nor coder

Just trying to help you out.

Being well known member you might be aware about this and problem may be something different.

My intention is to help, dont screw me for posting this

I know about that trick. But, the report is not about that.

The report is about an error in the installation code not being recorded as an error. It has nothing to do with the listener problem.

When an add-on is being upgraded/processed, we intentionally suppress logging errors that happen during that time as many are related to the inconsistent state of the system. We may need to force logging of errors in the upgrade code itself though.

I'm sort of surprised that this didn't give you the stack trace as I believe we always output that for admins, though I'll have to double check that.

I was kind of surprised there was nothing in the stack trace myself.

And without it, you'd be surprised how easy it is to skip over that code error at least 10 times before you see it. :D

I'm sort of surprised that this didn't give you the stack trace as I believe we always output that for admins, though I'll have to double check that.
The upgrade code path is just a print-statement (no error message or stack trace), caught me out as the error message is rather baffling.

IMO, the current installer session should report any errors while other sessions should give the upgrading message.

I've made some changes here so this should be resolved. Any error within the setup code or rebuild process should be displayed and logged.

Top Bottom