The 'New' iPad (Third Generation)

It's my first iPad and it feels definitely much heavier than the Samsung 7 inch tablets, or the amazon kindle. You can't even compare that. You don't want to hold if free in your hands for more than one minute. The display is ok, my monitor resolution is higher but I don't care having much pixels, all I want is a good picture. And the display is good if you look at it from front. I tried to use it for working my moderation queue on my xenforo forum, but the moderation posts are all shortened to two lines (created a bug report for that). Xenforo looks good on the new iPad :)

Thoughts folks on the new third generation iPad?

I'm disappointed there is no Siri. I'm also even more disappointed it has not gone to a true quad core processor for both processing and graphics.

Sigh. 4th Generation iPad anyone? :D
It doesn't need a quad core processor precisely because it has a PowerVR SGX543MP4+ GPU. The Playstation Vita pairs the same quad core GPU with a quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 CPU as opposed to Apple's dual code A9, but as a gaming system, it has a higher CPU workload. I traded up from a Gen 1 to a Gen 3 and the difference is amazing (I usually skip a generation on iPads, iPods and iPhones).

Has anyone done anything that shows the difference in retina display versus ipad 2 yet?
I got one yesterday and the usual web browsing stuff, the display makes little diff.

Top Bottom