The new article system

combatgamez

Hi All,

quick question, Im still making my forum and was going to use AMS to runs some pretty basic articles on the front page, typical of what you would have all seen before. Anyway just wondering do I still really need this plug in or will the recent article update be good enough to use now that comes with Xen? The less mods and add ons I use the better for me as its less things to track and update etc.

Thanks in advance.

(already bought AMS so they wont lose a sale here) :)

Hi All,

quick question, Im still making my forum and was going to use AMS to runs some pretty basic articles on the front page, typical of what you would have all seen before. Anyway just wondering do I still really need this plug in or will the recent article update be good enough to use now that comes with Xen? The less mods and add ons I use the better for me as its less things to track and update etc.

Thanks in advance.

(already bought AMS so they wont lose a sale here) :)
Yo, mind to tell us what happened?

What can you do that the Resources add-on from Xenforo can't?
Instead of trying to explain it... simply check these articles out. And I'm not doing anything "fancy" with it currently. I'm simply using the pages ability. RM cannot come near this.

or

1667451865620.png

When I was looking at doing an article-heavy site (short stories and poems, actually), Resource Manager just struck me as a more general tool that isn't really specifically designed for the needs of a publishing site. I mean, on here it is mostly used for the add-on library, though there are some resources that are instructions or training. AMS is built specifically for publishing articles and similar content. It had every feature on my checklist and then some.

Top Bottom