1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Internet Explorer 6 Countdown

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Nasr, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

Even Microsoft is asking people to stop using IE6.

2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I'm glad they finally took notice that it was time to move on. [​IMG]

Stormraven likes this.
  3. SilverCircle

SilverCircle Well-Known Member

Why can't they just release a important security update that deliberately blows up every version of IE6 it can find.

They could later still say.. "oh, we are so sorry, it was just another accident" :)

Stormraven, Peggy and Caelum like this.
  4. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

i went to my google analytics to check how many visitors still using IE6, it was almost 12.65% of my website visitors still using it. the thing is on monday february 14, 2011 a visitor came across my website was using IE4.01 !!! lol , i cant imagine that thing still work :)

Attached Files:

• IE.png
      IE.png
      File size:
      10.7 KB
      Views:
  5. GofD

GofD Well-Known Member

I know someone who is still on IE5.0. Won't upgrade. Brings her computer to the 'shop' at least once a month to have it 'fixed.' Can't understand all that new-fangled CSS stuff, and wishes I'd stop using it. LOL

6. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

I have some old laptops that wont run 7. Used just to surf the net... This will be a sad day.

7. Junior

Junior Well-Known Member

They offer a banner for people to help get the word out, defiantly something worth doing.

You can remain that 1%

8. TNCclubman

TNCclubman Well-Known Member

those P3 600MHZ laptops will be rendered doorstops.

9. Ati

Ati Active Member

Isn't that 12% of only the IE users? On my sites, 22% of visits come from IE, and of that 22% (that being 100%), 8,5% use IE6. That's a total of only 1.87% of my sites' visits.

10. xmlxp

xmlxp Active Member

yes, that is correct and am glad to know that, the less IE6 users the better