The Hobby thread.

Not surprisingly I like to Cook! Just about to launch a food blog after toying with the idea for years.

I also paint and do ceramics occasionally... very occasionally lately
roflmao.gif

I like air rifles, I have a Weihrauch HW97 .22 rifle, Weihrauch HW97K .22 rifle, one BSA Lightning .22 and a Theoben Evolution thumbhole .177

I like air rifles, I have a Weihrauch HW97 .22 rifle, Weihrauch HW97K .22 rifle, one BSA Lightning .22 and a Theoben Evolution thumbhole .177
Me too. But it's not really a hobby anymore since I now only use it once a month max or so. I have a Weihrauch HW97K too but the .177, it's heavy but very good stuff. I use a tasco riflescope on it which I also am very happy with :)

A pellet trap I made with the HW97 on the side:
pellet_trap.webp

I don't see reading as a hobby, really, especially since it's something that's done quite often (hey look, even now I'm reading!), but I do write various things, one of which is a huge project I hope will see the light of day... eventually.

One of my prominent hobbies that I'm expanding greatly into is gardening. :cool:

I don't know how I missed this thread.

My hobbies are reading and collecting scented candles and windchimes.
I collect only specific candle scents, and have a different scent for each season - fall, winter, spring, and summer.
My windchimes must have a certain sound to them. I hate the tinny, tinkle noise. They must be deeply melodic as they move with the breeze.

:)

ah I used to play the acoustic guitar. I had a 12-string Ovation. I saved up for 3 years to purchase that specific guitar. It got broke and I never played again. I miss it at times.

I'm creating the most comprehensive down under dark genre resource site on the net :) Surprising the number of books, comics, and movies that are being put out down here in the genre. Currently my desk is groaning with stuff waiting to be checked out.

Also have a little php project that is on hold while waiting to see if I can easily integrate it with Xen, will need lots of API documentation there. *hint* to Mike and Kier.

Very nice. The best I ever had was an RWS back in the 80s. My rifle range has usually been the back yard. It is hard to remember that all people cant grab a rifle and go out in the back yard and punch paper.

watching movies, video games, running my website, fishing, drinking wine, playing with my 11th month old, photography, finding ways to hide my wife's twinkies, computer hardware addict.

Very nice. The best I ever had was an RWS back in the 80s. My rifle range has usually been the back yard. It is hard to remember that all people cant grab a rifle and go out in the back yard and punch paper.

I only ever punch paper, I could never bring myself to actually kill a living creature, I enjoy target shooting though, there's something a bit special about target shooting with an air rifle, I shoot free-hand and get 10pence groupings at 40 Metres.

People would accuse me of being boring. But I've got a lot of hobbies.

My most passionate hobby: Video Games.
Running a forum/community.
Reading subjects of interest.
Drawing. That includes digital drawing.
Movies. Movies. And did I mention MOVIES!? Love 'em like I love video games.

Those are just the few off the top of my head.

My hobbies are primarily playing games, listening to music, and hanging out with my friends and family (while listening to music and playing games).

To further detail, the music I enjoy is mainly in the electronica scene and lesser known to 99% of the people I know. My favorite artists include the following:
  • Kodomo
  • Tycho (some music featured on [Adult Swim])
  • Lights Out Asia
  • Boards of Canada
  • Armin van Buuren
  • Deadmau5
  • Muse
  • Yoko Kanno
  • Chemical Brothers
  • U.N.K.L.E
I think I'll stop before I start rambling on with all those. Music's a huge influence in my life. It makes me think and brainstorm ideas and concepts.

Happy reading, folks. 

Me too. But it's not really a hobby anymore since I now only use it once a month max or so. I have a Weihrauch HW97K too but the .177, it's heavy but very good stuff. I use a tasco riflescope on it which I also am very happy with :)

A pellet trap I made with the HW97 on the side:
View attachment 2070
Are those the ones that you have to pull the barrel down to load the spring? Had a lot of fun with one of those as a kid. I also had a Crossman pump BB gun.

view.image

Now that I'm older I've since upgraded my collection. My favorite rifle is my Rock River Arms LAR15.

LAR15.webp

And my favorite handgun is my Glock G27 (shown with an extended magazine)

G27.webp

Top Bottom