The Geek District

I just clicked the link in your first post... I have never been to your site before.
Very weird.. Sorry Kim! :(
That would be thread_view etc.
Ah okay, I thought they were all controlled by one global thing.
Can you try the forum status icons below Mikey? Just to see how they'll look on your site. I think with the touch of grey they will look better and offer up a temp solution until something better comes along.
Thanks Shelley, I'll try those out in a bit (currently doing 900 things at once(
They will look great. It's what I have on my site.
Mikey I made a "green" folder inside the Flexile/xenforo/widgets directory on my server, uploaded them there, they changed the path in the acp.
Thanks Peggy. I think I'll just overwrite my current ones though, much less hassle ;) Besides, I know where to get the default ones if I don't like how Shelley's look :p

Thanks Peggy. I think I'll just overwrite my current ones though, much less hassle ;) Besides, I know where to get the default ones if I don't like how Shelley's look :p
Yeah for whatever reason I thought that you were using another Flexile color as well, hence my suggestion.
I use 3 different colors, plus the Flexile Dark, in blue. They each have their own set of icons. Love it.

Can you try the forum status icons below Mikey? Just to see how they'll look on your site. I think with the touch of grey they will look better and offer up a temp solution until something better comes along.
Thanks, Shelley. Finally got a moment to try your icons out but it doesnt seem to like them.. I've attached a screenshot but you can visit the site to see them in action too.. They have a green background..

Would you by chance know how to fix that?

Attachments

• xfflexilegreenbg.webp
    xfflexilegreenbg.webp
    11.2 KB · Views: 3
Thanks, Shelley. Finally got a moment to try your icons out but it doesnt seem to like them.. I've attached a screenshot but you can visit the site to see them in action too.. They have a green background..

Would you by chance know how to fix that?

I think you have to go in the style properties and remove the background-color. If memory recalls I think a few people had this problem.

edit: yeah, remove the background color, it'll either be in the style properties or extra css.

Code:
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-color: #1A8D29;

Capture.webp

It's actually in the node_list.css.

Look for this:
Code:
background-image: url(@forumIconReadPath);
        background-color: @primaryLightish;

There will be a background code beneath that, remove it.

Same for the Unread icon beneath this.

It's actually in the node_list.css.

he shouldn't have to go in the template. if he goes through the style properties >> forumlist >> node icon and remove the background colour it'll save the template edit.

Or he can add an important in the extra.css

I'll have to checkout the flexille someday seems like there's a lot of work to do when most of the issues I've seen which can be rectified by using the style properties or extra.css

I didn't find a background color in my style properties for the node icons, which is why I asked on the Flexile thread.
If there is one, then yes, that's where it should be removed.

I didn't find a background color in my style properties for the node icons, which is why I asked on the Flexile thread.
If there is one, then yes, that's where it should be removed.

That is strange, did you ever check your extra.css to see if erik added it in there?

Code:
.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {

background-color: transparent;
    background-image: url("styles/flexile/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread.png");
}
You can throw that in the extra.css Mikey. You may have to add the !important on the end of background-color (not really sure why it's there in the first place)

That is strange, did you ever check your extra.css to see if erik added it in there?

Code:

background-color: transparent;
}
You can throw that in the extra.css Mikey. You may have to add the !important on the end of background-color (not really sure why it's there in the first place)
I added this:

Code:

background-color: transparent !important;
}

to EXTRA.css

That only worked on the unread icons though..

They look good though, the ones without the bg at least :p

Edit:

This worked in EXTRA.css

Code:

}
.node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {

background-image: url("styles/flexile/xenforo/widgets/forum-read.png");
}

I've made some changes. Recent Activity is now the homepage. I like it that way, too. Skin change too! What do you think, guys?

http://thegeekdistrict.com

Would love to get some fresh views, suggestions, criticisms (constructive, of course!), compliments :p

Top Bottom