The Gamer Square | Gaming, Youtube and News Community

Maxxamillion

lj8qS2A.png

We are a Gaming & YouTube community made by the gamers for the gamers. We provide up to date gaming news and articles, clan/channel promotion all along side a forum for you to chat to other gamers. We provide great articles which are unique and well presented, a great read for the game lovers. We enjoy interviewing game developers as well as gaming websites. We also provide giveaways and competitions for you all to get involved in. We include a place for aspiring YouTubers to gain support and advice on how to improve, along with articles to give them tips on content creation.

Here are a few interview articles from game developers that may interest you and some YouTube support articles.
P.O.L.L.E.N Interview
Terraria Otherworld Interview
-------------------
How to be successful on YouTube
-------------------
www.thegamersquare.com

If you have any questions about the site, or any feedback i am happy to listen and take note, we are still young and wish to grow as a community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never thought there was an issue hosting it off site to be honest
It's generally a good practice to host elements important for your design (such as header, logo, banners, other images) on your own server. Quite many reasons behind it as well, first off tinypic being slow could also slow down loading on your website, second if tinypic is down that image will not load for viewers, unlike if its on your own server it will always load unless your whole site itself is down, etc. If bandwidth is your concern then just optimizing the file size and uploading it shouldn't have a negative impact on bandwidth :)

Edit: Additionally I notice the loading time, did a look up on your host as well, I just have one suggestion, don't fall for the "unlimited" advertising by hosts for diskspace/bandwidth! Majority (not all) hosts who offer unlimited services overcrowd their servers and you face long loading times/unresponsive sites due to so many customers on one server.

Last edited:
It's generally a good practice to host elements important for your design (such as header, logo, banners, other images) on your own server. Quite many reasons behind it as well, first off tinypic being slow could also slow down loading on your website, second if tinypic is down that image will not load for viewers, unlike if its on your own server it will always load unless your whole site itself is down, etc. If bandwidth is your concern then just optimizing the file size and uploading it shouldn't have a negative impact on bandwidth :)

Edit: Additionally I notice the loading time, did a look up on your host as well, I just have one suggestion, don't fall for the "unlimited" advertising by hosts for diskspace/bandwidth! Majority (not all) hosts who offer unlimited services overcrowd their servers and you face long loading times/unresponsive sites due to so many customers on one server.

Thank you, funny you should mention hosting we are moving soon due to the poor hosting we currently get :D

Would like to thank you for the info on the hosting images on site, they load so much better now. i did have some trouble figuring out how to link on my hosting exactly being new to this. But happy with the fact it seems to load so much faster. Also moved site host which has been a great move. Thank you for anyone who posted feedback and help so far, always happy to improve :D

Would like to thank you for the info on the hosting images on site, they load so much better now. i did have some trouble figuring out how to link on my hosting exactly being new to this. But happy with the fact it seems to load so much faster. Also moved site host which has been a great move. Thank you for anyone who posted feedback and help so far, always happy to improve :D
If you don't mind me asking, what host have you switched to? The site seems to function fast and smooth. Looks great too. :)

Top Bottom