The first of many victories!

Cheers to you guys, fighting the good fight.
beerchug.gif

Looks like they're celebrating this over there too....

No LOYALTY whatsoever! LOL

Congrats XenForo, I am happy two motions have been dismissed and look forward to more motions dismissed. I am so close to pulling the trigger and purchasing XenForo, but since I am in the middle of purchasing a home I feel as it would be unwise. ;)

Death... to.. vBulletin? o_O
I wouldn't want vBulletin to die, then there would be less competition. Competition is needed, it fuels the need and desire for products like XenForo to pop up and stir up even more competition.

Pretty much the same thing we're saying.

That's gotta really torque IB...everyone cheering for XF...on their own forums!
yeah, rather surprising given that its on VB's own forum! You'd have thought someone would pitch in with a '*******' or something.

Not a hint of it.

It says rather a lot when the users of the forum belonging to the other party are happy that they suffered this setback to them!

yeah, rather surprising given that its on VB's own forum! You'd have thought someone would pitch in with a '*******' or something.

Not a hint of it.

It says rather a lot when the users of the forum belonging to the other party are happy that they suffered this setback to them!
Of course, now that you said that...someone will go and do just that :rolleyes:

It's a good thing only licensed customers can view the licensed customer feedback forum. You know you're running your company in a good manner when you have to hide actual customer feedback from potential customers. :rolleyes:
True, but to be fair (eug! Shudders at the thought of being fair to IB), quite a lot of companies do that anyway.

I wouldn't want vBulletin to die, then there would be less competition. Competition is needed, it fuels the need and desire for products like XenForo to pop up and stir up even more competition.
Best thing, imho, would be if they would actually realize what a bad idea it was in the first place and learn from the mistakes done.

Instead of filing pointless suits (and probably wasting quite some money on it), they should invest in improving their product and learn how to treat loyal customers.

Indeed a big step, just remember this is 2 of 8 claims so far.

Claim1) Copyright Infringement - VB Claim XF uses it's code. Obviously this is not true and will be proven in due course

Claim2) Ownership of software - A tricky one to explain actually - From what I gather VB is saying Kiers "ideas" belong to them, and any new forum software made by Kier is based off their copyrighted materials. vBulletin will have to prove that xenForo is based off ideas Kier generated while working at VB, and that these ideas are propriatary to VB.

Claim3) Missapproriation of trade secrets - Basically that Kier in his role as head developper had access to R+D done by VB, and that in launching a competing software gives him an unfair advantage from being able to see the R+D done while he was working there. The generally accepted time period after leaving VB and lauching XF had passed, making this point a) very hard to prove and b) Practually void

Claim4) Intentional interference - VB Claim that due to the (illegal) launch of XF that it has caused damage to their company. Only true if clams 1, 2 and 3 stick

Claim5) Breach of contract - In relation to Claim 3 that Kier used his knowledge gained while working with VB to give XF an unfair advantage. Also that he did not return items on leaving. VB must prove both of these points - However this would I imagine be highly linked to claim 3, and should claim 3 be defeated this claim would also be dismissed. Prooving Kier did not return items 1 year on is a near impossiblity.

Claim 6) Breach of Duty of Loyalty - That by creating XF he has gone against the best interests of VB. That he was creating XF while working for VB - Kier is the only one that knows if this is true or not... but he has already shown how quickly and easily it is to push high quality products out using the framework and will most likely be able to show how he did it in such a short time

Claim7) DEFEATED

Claim8) DEFEATED

Top Bottom