The Big Bang Theory

I don't like The Big Bang Theory at all... as a geek, I find it insulting. Absolutely nothing in the show is actually "geek humor". Its regular sitcom trash, with words picked out of a thesaurus to make it sound geeky. Not to mention it perpetuates a blatantly wrong stereotype about geeks. You should check out a British show called The IT Crowd.

As for Last Man Standing... I actually enjoy it. I grew up watching Home Improvement and Last Man Standing is literally the EXACT same show... except he has 3 daughters, instead of 3 sons. Tim Allen is still a "man's man".

I don't like The Big Bang Theory at all... as a geek, I find it insulting. Absolutely nothing in the show is actually "geek humor". Its regular sitcom trash, with words picked out of a thesaurus to make it sound geeky. Not to mention it perpetuates a blatantly wrong stereotype about geeks. You should check out a British show called The IT Crowd.

As for Last Man Standing... I actually enjoy it. I grew up watching Home Improvement and Last Man Standing is literally the EXACT same show... except he has 3 daughters, instead of 3 sons. Tim Allen is still a "man's man".

I didn't think they were going for the geek show, more of a nerd show. Geeks =/= Nerds

I don't like The Big Bang Theory at all... as a geek, I find it insulting. Absolutely nothing in the show is actually "geek humor". Its regular sitcom trash, with words picked out of a thesaurus to make it sound geeky. Not to mention it perpetuates a blatantly wrong stereotype about geeks.
Maybe you're reading too much to it. Its a comedy, not a guide to life. Laugh and forget it.

Great show by the way...

HA! watched it for the first time tonight and thought the same exact thing. Hope it stays on for more than a few weeks.

Thought it started off geeky, but now it is aimed at everyone. Best comedy on at the moment in my opinion, but only watch it and Two And A Half Men.

I will check out Last Man Standing. :)

Not a fan, I agree with the comments above that it is regular sit com trash in geek guise..

IT crowd is infinitely funnier, Moss <3.

Anything with Tim the TOOL Allen in it is to be utterly avoided as the Misogynistic, 1950's attitudes, Baby Boomer Male Snoozefest that it no doubt is.

I watched an episode of this the other day and there's just nothing funny about this at all. Quite the reverse, I find the characters within the show irritating more than they are humorous.

Oh - shock! I thought this was a discussion of the Big Bang theory - metaphysics, subatomic physics etc
Don't have TV but it sounds like these programmes are not about the topic.

<wanders off singing gently to the wind>

Anything with Tim the TOOL Allen in it is to be utterly avoided as the Misogynistic, 1950's attitudes, Baby Boomer Male Snoozefest that it no doubt is.
You may want to give it a chance, you might just be surprised.

SPOILER

Tim's character has three daughters. The oldest got pregnant on her prom night. She lives with them, works full time to support her son instead of going to school, and deals with an absent dad. The middle daughter is the "Kardasian Daughter", superficial me-me-me type. The youngest is the tomboy jock just hitting puberty (last week was her first visit from Aunt Flo).

Tim's character works for a place which is basically a rip-off of Bass Pro Shop. He's the #2 guy, who has been traveling to outdoor locations most of his life. He's now forced to come to terms with the internet replacing catalog sales (allowing him to rant via his video blog), as well as find his place in an estrogen soaks home as he learns his boundaries within the family. The wife is the one who is in charge and the oldest takes no crap from him.

I like it. As a father of two daughters who spent his life traveling, I can relate. You want to think you're in charge when you come home, but you soon find out you're not when you overstep your bounds and the women hammer you like the wrath of God. Far more realistic that Home Improvement, which I loved.

Top Bottom