ThatWrestlingForum

BigPete7978

I have been a huge wrestling fan for as long as I can remember. My favorite time would probably have to be the Attitude Era in the WWE. Stone Cold, The Rock, Jericho, Triple H, DX, Hardy Boyz, etc. This was when I felt that the tag team division actually mattered, and it gave us some fantastic matches to watch (though they have been pushing the tag team divisions as of late in the WWE and it has been pretty good IMO).

Yes I know I could go on forever talking about this, but that is why I started ThatWrestlingForum, tons of discussion possibilities. It is still a very new forum, and features several of the top xenForo add-ons, such as Pickem where we do live picks of matches such as Monday Night Raw. The community is very small as of now, but over time it will grow. Feel free to join today and be a part of the ThatWrestlingForum community.

URL: http://www.thatwrestlingforum.com

Feel free to add any suggestions, they are always welcomed. :)

TWFLogo2_zps83b8d6a6.png

I grew up watching wrestling in the '80s and also LOVED the attitude era which followed ECW's great rise from obscurity. Good luck with the site! :)

Hey there, I too own a wrestling forum (in my signature). I wish you all the best with yours.

I'm not the biggest fan of how you have laid out your sections though. I think there are more categories than there needs to be, and that are seemingly a few "General Discussion" sections. It can be more organised than that I reckon.

The theme is a good theme, but I would try and customise it some more to have it more relevant to your niche. The white however is very straining on the eyes.

Good luck mate.

I'm not a huge fan of wrestling personally because it's so fake. I've been an EMT for over 8 years now....on the streets, in a theme park, at sporting events, at concerts, and yes even at events like wrestling. I've seen WWE behind stage and I've met some of the wrestlers and even took one to the ER once. Most of them are very nice behind stage. I've seen rehearsal before the arena lets guests inside the building as well. I've also been in a few WWE videos myself.....I can count at least twice where they we're talking smack outside in front of cameras....and I didn't know it....and I drove an EMS golf cart right behind them. Got places to go, wrestling might be fake, but 911 unfortunately is real ;)

Good memories.

Anyways. I like the theme but it s very very basic. Throw some colors in there and maybe some images. I can't tell it's a wrestling forum other than that text logo at the top. The biggest issue I see with your forum, and I see it a lot with these review forum threads is that your forum has nothing that separates it from the thousand of other forums of the same topic. Why do you expect users to come to your forum? I suggest you look into xenporta or other front site systems and figure out a way you can provide content. You could get pretty big if you focus on wrestling news and events and blog about them. Provide TV schedules, special events, etc. Think out of the box. Have the balls to contact reps from companies like WWE.....they want to work with you....your forum increases attention and interest in their brand. If anything they can send you press releases you can use to make your blog posts from. A gallery with lots of images of wrestlers will drive google image traffic in and a slider on your front site will captivate users attention.

I can picture this lol, exactly how to do it, but I have no interest in a wrestling forum. My advice on a theme....you'd do better in your niche with a darker theme and some more radical colors. WWE is about adrenaline right? Why have something basic?? :D

Have the balls to contact reps from companies like WWE.....they want to work with you....your forum increases attention and interest in their brand.
Lol no they don't. WWE wouldn't want to associate themselves with a wrestling forum at all.

"While static URLs might have a slight advantage in terms of clickthrough rates because users can easily read the urls, the decision to use database-driven websites does not imply a significant disadvantage in terms of indexing and ranking. Providing search engines with dynamic URLs should be favored over hiding parameters to make them look static"

-Google

I don't think it makes much difference in terms of ranking; that's the impression I got from Google. Obviously it looks nicer and you should do it for your audience regardless, but it definitely isn't the make or break of your forum.

Lol no they don't. WWE wouldn't want to associate themselves with a wrestling forum at all.

Did you try? That's the big thing that webmasters fail at. I'm a poor guy, only middle class, and I'm the founder of a political movement.....and I email Washington DC and get replies all the time.....

Did you try? That's the big thing that webmasters fail at. I'm a poor guy, only middle class, and I'm the founder of a political movement.....and I email Washington DC and get replies all the time.....
Whilst that's quite cool, it has no real relevance. There is no point trying with WWE, because they don't want to associate themselves with dirt sheets or wrestling communities they do not own or control. Wrestling forums normally consist of dirt sheet news that inevitably reveal secret outcomes and other news, and WWE don't want them to be popular. Furthermore, most forums provide alternative methods in watching WWE programming which results in WWE losing money. Trust me, they wouldn't associate themselves with any wrestling forum or provide any help in the growth. That's without mentioning their social-media campaign and their own WWE community on their own website.

But I agree with your point in thinking outside the box. Associating yourself with a relatively popular YouTuber who plays WWE video games could be a route to go (providing he has subs). Most people who play those games would be fans of WWE and willing to discuss it online. Another route is using Twitter, as WWE has many many many worldwide trends when it airs live and tweeting about those trends gives you inevitable traffic.

Well WWE is just an example. I've already said I don't know that niche. You could contact other companies, gear companies, memorabilia companies......from mom and pop shops to corporations. It's fairly simple and it works very well for the webmasters who take the time to do it.

Well WWE is just an example. I've already said I don't know that niche. You could contact other companies, gear companies, memorabilia companies......from mom and pop shops to corporations. It's fairly simple and it works very well for the webmasters who take the time to do it.
Agreed. I thought you were telling the OP to try it with WWE, so I thought I'd let him know not to waste his time. It's a good idea for other niches though.

I know someone who operates a MyBB forum about a game coming out in the near future, and he done such a good job that the official company now promote it. Of course this was done after he reached out to them about various things, and now his forum is growing incredibly quickly. So it's good advice.

Starting on the customizing and began with the header on the website. The site now has a new header that I just finished making, been working on it for quite some time.

Top Bottom