[TH] XenBlog [Deleted]

We are entirely open to rebuilding this add-on for 2.0. But as it stands, I do not believe this add-on cannot be changed to allow users their own blogs. To me, this makes sense as well, but the original add-on author (who is not us) decided against that. And there is not anything we can do about it, but we will continue to support this add-on as is. When the time is right, we're open to rebuilding it from the ground up.
Well can you get me off your blacklist so I can send in my request for account credit

Also, I want to retract my statement to say that you cannot have 'multiple' blogs. Everyone still gets one blog, and to me this makes sense. I feel as though multiple blogs is a cool feature, but really not something I see the majority of people needing.

Hi @Shamatix, I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment though we do completely understand why this isn't living up to your expectations. As @Jake B. confirmed previously this was an inherited add-on, we are slowly working our way through all add-ons to bring them up to the familiar ThemeHouse quality that we're known for. In the meantime we didn't want the existing add-ons to simply disappear then have a barrage of "when will the updated, rebranded version be out" questions, plus we wanted to implement bug fixes etc, ensuring any critical issues are addressed in a timely fashion.

In regard to this not functioning as one would expect a blog to function, I agree completely and love the smartphone versus Nokia 3310 analogy (Snake and week-long battery life FTW!), I'm adding an agenda item for this (XenBlog, not Nokia) to be discussed at our next group meeting and will report back with any updates that I can. For obvious reasons we don't want to provide firm release dates etc so as to avoid disappointment, however, if this can be worked on with a high priority I will do my utmost to ensure that is the case.

Finally, if you would like to submit a ticket with us I would be happy to issue an account credit (this applies to anyone currently unhappy with the [TH] XenBlog add-0n) as a goodwill gesture, due to the inconvenience incurred.
Cool. Thanks for this! My users are enjoying the add-on, esp. now that the main issues have been corrected. :)

We are entirely open to rebuilding this add-on for 2.0. But as it stands, I do not believe this add-on cannot be changed to allow users their own blogs. To me, this makes sense as well, but the original add-on author (who is not us) decided against that. And there is not anything we can do about it, but we will continue to support this add-on as is. When the time is right, we're open to rebuilding it from the ground up.
I'm not sure I'll even be upgrading to 2.0. I've made HUGE changes to my templates, and have at least 25 mods going that would all probably stop working. Plus my support runs out in a few months....

@RichardM , @Jake B. , @Mike Creuzer , I found some more bugs. :) When I view "Your Blog Posts", it displays my 7 of 7 posts, but then displays a pagination: "Page 1 of 2" and if I try to go to page 2, I'm told "Error, page not found".

Also, when viewing the main list of blog entries (or again, "Your Blog Posts"), on the line directly below each entry (to the far left, same line as "Comments" on the far right), all dates are the current date (in this case they all say "Feb. 3, 2016") despite number of comments, or when the last comment was made. Additionally, if I view the entry itself, there is NO date shown for the entry. The comments however do show the correct date.

Thanks for your attention and understanding. :D

That happens because you are in the StopForumSpam.com system. Either email, username, or IP address, likely some combination as there is a scoring system.

I manually unbanned the user 'Shamatix' but there are no orders in that account.
Bought XenBlog ~2-3 weeks ago and I dont believe it was from the website linked here
I'm not sure I'll even be upgrading to 2.0. I've made HUGE changes to my templates, and have at least 25 mods going that would all probably stop working. Plus my support runs out in a few months....

Well there is a new promising Blog addon coming soon, beta should begin really soon and its sounds promising https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-blogs-add-on-in-development.111581/

Bought XenBlog ~2-3 weeks ago and I dont believe it was from the website linked here

I was able to locate your license/purchase on ThemeHouse, I've applied a credit on your Audentio account for use towards any future purchases, if you wish to purchase a ThemeHouse product just drop in a ticket and we'll generate the order manually so that the credit balance is used :)

@RichardM , @Jake B. , @Mike Creuzer , I found some more bugs. :) When I view "Your Blog Posts", it displays my 7 of 7 posts, but then displays a pagination: "Page 1 of 2" and if I try to go to page 2, I'm told "Error, page not found".

Also, when viewing the main list of blog entries (or again, "Your Blog Posts"), on the line directly below each entry (to the far left, same line as "Comments" on the far right), all dates are the current date (in this case they all say "Feb. 3, 2016") despite number of comments, or when the last comment was made. Additionally, if I view the entry itself, there is NO date shown for the entry. The comments however do show the correct date.

Thanks for your attention and understanding. :D
Any news on this please?

Hi @Shamatix, I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment though we do completely understand why this isn't living up to your expectations. As @Jake B. confirmed previously this was an inherited add-on, we are slowly working our way through all add-ons to bring them up to the familiar ThemeHouse quality that we're known for. In the meantime we didn't want the existing add-ons to simply disappear then have a barrage of "when will the updated, rebranded version be out" questions, plus we wanted to implement bug fixes etc, ensuring any critical issues are addressed in a timely fashion.

In regard to this not functioning as one would expect a blog to function, I agree completely and love the smartphone versus Nokia 3310 analogy (Snake and week-long battery life FTW!), I'm adding an agenda item for this (XenBlog, not Nokia) to be discussed at our next group meeting and will report back with any updates that I can. For obvious reasons we don't want to provide firm release dates etc so as to avoid disappointment, however, if this can be worked on with a high priority I will do my utmost to ensure that is the case.

Finally, if you would like to submit a ticket with us I would be happy to issue an account credit (this applies to anyone currently unhappy with the [TH] XenBlog add-0n) as a goodwill gesture, due to the inconvenience incurred.
Is the credit still available? XenBlogs is just too buggy. I'd like a credit please too.

Apologies if this has been asked before. I had a license of Borbole's XenBlog and the last version he emailed me was 1.0.9. How do I get the latest version now?

Also you should probably add the link to your own site for more information. I didn't see it in the sidebar for this resource. Thanks.

upload_2016-2-17_11-4-36.webp

Thank you! I appreciate you working with me/us on this. And like I said before, it's nothing personal...

Any chance you guys can add a preferred list and private blogs in the future? That would be ideal for my rpg sit. Am willing to pay for the work if it can be done.

Top Bottom