[TH] XenBlog [Deleted]

It's usable, but has issues that clearly need to be addressed even tho the new devs claim it is "bug free". :(
Man this is no different from creating a thread, sorry to say, I cant even see how it should be allowed to sell such an addon and claim its a blog

Man this is no different from creating a thread, sorry to say, I cant even see how it should be allowed to sell such an addon and claim its a blog
It does exactly what it claims to do. We will have an updated version with some better views to improve the add-on as soon as we have time.

@JakeB, so if I clearly understood, you don't plan to add functionality to this add-on, only some display changes and only when you have the time for this?
Honestly, this BS is starting to get on my nerves. This mod has several bugs/flaws which are being blatantly ignored, and the mod is claimed to be "bug free". Support is a joke, and I haven't seen even as half-arsed attempt at an update, always just "when we get time", or "an update is coming at some point".

Freak this crap. Give a me a refund or fix your sh*t.

Honestly, this BS is starting to get on my nerves. This mod has several bugs/flaws which are being blatantly ignored, and the mod is claimed to be "bug free". Support is a joke, and I haven't seen even as half-arsed attempt at an update, always just "when we get time", or "an update is coming at some point".

It does exactly what it claims to do. We will have an updated version with some better views to improve the add-on as soon as we have time.

If you can sit here and tell me this does what its supposed to with the name "XenBlog" you are completely lost! As said by FAR the worst addon I have ever bought.. and claiming this is a "Blog" addon is a big fat lie... http://blogbasics.com/what-is-a-blog/ "A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary." Something you CANNOT do with this addon, this is simply a freaking thread.. you cant UPDATE your blog, its ****ing dog ****.

This mod has several bugs/flaws which are being blatantly ignored, and the mod is claimed to be "bug free". Support is a joke, and I haven't seen even as half-arsed attempt at an update, always just "when we get time", or "an update is coming at some point".

I totally agree. Some bugs are obvious. For example, double option 'Top Bloggers' in acp, weird reply counter etc. It's not "bug free" and support "when we have time" don't like me. So I would like to get refund also.

I never once said it was bug free. I said all of the reported bugs have been fixed. If you find a bug and don't report it how are we supposed to fix it?

Instead of running from the truth cant you just refund us! Henrikvisby@hotmail.dk is the email I used, this is NOT a blogging addon, and your lack of communication SUCKS

We will not be able to offer a refund, as the only complaint I've seen you make is basically that regular users cannot create categories. There are 42 screenshots provided that outline the process of creating a blog post, as well as an itemized list of features that could have been reviewed before purchasing the add-on.

I totally agree. Some bugs are obvious. For example, double option 'Top Bloggers' in acp, weird reply counter etc. It's not "bug free" and support "when we have time" don't like me. So I would like to get refund also.

If you could provide a list of bugs you have found we will get a release fixing these bugs as soon as possible

Okay I bought this addon today, in hope it will get some updates in the future and to support the coder behind it, I do have some questions tho, as personally I have never blogged nor used blogs, so I might have gotten the wrong idea of what a blog is, but here goes.

I created a blog as seen below
A0fS7Hb.png

Now this might be a real stupid question, what is the difference between a blog and a normal thread. Personally I had the thought a blog would be ... ye a blog I create about a certain topic and then I can add more "posts" to it for people to read if they want. So here is the blog I created:
exNpRpW.jpg

Now I would think I as the author of the blog would be able to make a new post "added to this blog" and not have to create a new blog? I just seem to be unable to find that option? I dont see a blog as a one time thing where you create a blog and make a post and never come back to that blog. Right now for me to see what you do is, you create a blog, make the post and that's that? If I then want to write on it again I have to create a new blog? For me that seems pretty stupid?

Best regards Shamatix

PS: Blog Settings doesnt work?

Error
The requested option group could not be found.

Think there is way more important things than tags right now, currently I really dont get this addon? This is just like threads... except moderators can approve or decline em ._.

What I am saying is this addon is a blogging tool and sure tags are nice, but when the addon is so far from what it MAIN purpose is, then I think it's more important prioritizing functionallity of blogging over minor things.

As I have understood it, you make a "blogg" known as threads by normal users lol... and in this blog you can comment on it lol as a normal thread, I see close to know difference, only real difference I see is you can have moderators approve the bloggs before memebrs can see em ._.

I tried to make a blog here
mU4WV3D.jpg

And it seems like all I can do is comment on it... as seen below:
pl4djgW.png

WHILE My idea of a blog is you create a blog with a title, lets say "Davs kitchen" in here you make a post, lets called it "Mondays diner"

"Hey fellow followers of my wonderful block, today its monday and time for some fish! here you will see some pics blahblahbalah and here is the recipe"

then next day you make a new post which will be ABOVE the old one (Mondays dinner) called lets say tuesdays dinner so now it would look something like:

"Hey fellow lbahblah lbah today its tuesday lets eat some meat blahblah"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey fellow followers of my wonderful blog, today its monday and time for some fish! here you will see some pics blahblahbalah and here is the recipe"

So you will have post after post after post with newst one at top. But with this addon I see literally no difference between a normal thread and a blog lol...

Ye I honestly dont understand it either, all I can do as the blog author is post a comment on the "Blog (thread)" like any other user ._. #Dissapointed

If you can sit here and tell me this does what its supposed to with the name "XenBlog" you are completely lost! As said by FAR the worst addon I have ever bought.. and claiming this is a "Blog" addon is a big fat lie... http://blogbasics.com/what-is-a-blog/ "A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary." Something you CANNOT do with this addon, this is simply a freaking thread.. you cant UPDATE your blog,
We will not be able to offer a refund, as the only complaint I've seen you make is basically that regular users cannot create categories. There are 42 screenshots provided that outline the process of creating a blog post, as well as an itemized list of features that could have been reviewed before purchasing the add-on.

Only complaint ive made is about categories!? Learn to read! This is NOT a blogging tool, before you start making a BLOGGING addon perhaps you should READ UP on what a blog is and I think all the complains from not only me but ALL your customers speaks for em self! And in case you CBA reading all these quotes as it feels like that is the case with your LACK of communication, here you will get it ONCE MORE:

http://blogbasics.com/what-is-a-blog/ "A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary."

FREQUENTLY UPDATED <---- You CANT update your blog! You can ONLY write comments to it, hence why this is no different from a freaking normal thread!!!!!

Last edited:
I never once said it was bug free. I said all of the reported bugs have been fixed. If you find a bug and don't report it how are we supposed to fix it?
The issues/bugs I'm having are:

1. When a member posts a blog, it will show the amount of replies as "1", where as it should be "0", (or a phrase like "no replies yet") since the entry itself shouldn't be counted.
2. When I post a comment and then navigate away from the blog, I then see the red balloon notification for the comment I *just* posted, forcing me to read the comment AGAIN to clear the update notification.
3. Not a bug, but a serious suggestion: An overhauled blog comment system including threading so individual comments can be easier tracked and replied to.

Also, is there a pagination system for entries? My site has 18 entries, all on one page. When does it paginate?

If you can fix/implement these, I'd be satisfied with the money I spent.

I am simply annoyed that I paid for a product and seem to be given the run around as far as support goes. It is nothing personal.

1. When a member posts a blog, it will show the amount of replies as "1", where as it should be "0", (or a phrase like "no replies yet") since the entry itself shouldn't be counted.
2. When I post a comment and then navigate away from the blog, I then see the red balloon notification for the comment I *just* posted, forcing me to read the comment AGAIN to clear the update notification.
3. Not a bug, but a serious suggestion: An overhauled blog comment system including threading so individual comments can be easier tracked and replied to.

Also, is there a pagination system for entries? My site has 18 entries, all on one page. When does it paginate?

If you can fix/implement these, I'd be satisfied with the money I spent.

I am simply annoyed that I paid for a product and seem to be given the run around as far as support goes. It is nothing personal.

Unsure as why the #1 problem shouldnt be you cant UPDATE your blog... for real=/ thats all a blog is.. a diary, a way to update people on your life, something this doesn not allow you to do.

Unsure as why the #1 problem shouldnt be you cant UPDATE your blog... for real=/ thats all a blog is.. a diary, a way to update people on your life, something this doesn not allow you to do.
My members enjoy making multiple posts without complaints.

But I agree, it doesn't have the ability for each member to have their their own independent "blog", which can then be updated/added to and managed, apart from the others.

@Jake B. , make this suggestion/bug #4. :D

If you could provide a list of bugs you have found we will get a release fixing these bugs as soon as possible

Read below.

Confirmed.

Confirmed.
Also, is there a pagination system for entries?

It would be nice.

That's mine:

1. Broken links: Applications - Blogs - Blog Settings (ACP), Blogs - New Blogs - Browse Blogs
2. Blog Tools - Disable Blogs. Blog puts in moderation queue if follow moderation rules for blogs set to no and even if you're superadmin.
3. Block 'More blogs from username'. This block should contains title list of blogs (like 'New resources from username' in RM).
4. If trophies are disabled (XF 1.5) points still appear for the author when viewing the blog.
5. Double option 'Top Bloggers' in ACP.
6. Blog readers counter in blog tools. When you click on this counter it shows window with members that read this blog. Number of this members not equal to blog readers counter.

And, please, anwer to this question.

Read below.

Confirmed.

Confirmed.

It would be nice.

That's mine:

1. Broken links: Applications - Blogs - Blog Settings (ACP), Blogs - New Blogs - Browse Blogs
2. Blog Tools - Disable Blogs. Blog puts in moderation queue if follow moderation rules for blogs set to no and even if you're superadmin.
3. Block 'More blogs from username'. This block should contains title list of blogs (like 'New resources from username' in RM).
4. If trophies are disabled (XF 1.5) points still appear for the author when viewing the blog.
5. Double option 'Top Bloggers' in ACP.
6. Blog readers counter in blog tools. When you click on this counter it shows window with members that read this blog. Number of this members not equal to blog readers counter.

And, please, anwer to this question.

And yet again it seems you guys are missing the point in a blog!:( A blog is a freaking diary you update.... something you cannot do! this could be a freaking library addon... advanced thread tool but this ISNT a blog addon=/

http://blogbasics.com/what-is-a-blog/ "A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary."

Frequently updated, something you can NOT do.. dont get how you guys can be satisfied with the biggest "bug" if you can even call it that...

And yet again it seems you guys are missing the point in a blog!:( A blog is a freaking diary you update.... something you cannot do! this could be a freaking library addon... advanced thread tool but this ISNT a blog addon=/

Frequently updated, something you can NOT do.. dont get how you guys can be satisfied with the biggest "bug" if you can even call it that...
I understand what you are saying. The original purpose of the mod was a blog solely for admins of XF forums (why? I don't know lol). So it retains that core functionality. To change that would probably require a huge overhaul of code, and the new owners are either unable, or unwilling to do this...

Top Bottom