[TH] XenBlog [Deleted]

Okay I bought this addon today, in hope it will get some updates in the future and to support the coder behind it, I do have some questions tho, as personally I have never blogged nor used blogs, so I might have gotten the wrong idea of what a blog is, but here goes.

I created a blog as seen below
A0fS7Hb.png

Now this might be a real stupid question, what is the difference between a blog and a normal thread. Personally I had the thought a blog would be ... ye a blog I create about a certain topic and then I can add more "posts" to it for people to read if they want. So here is the blog I created:
exNpRpW.jpg

Now I would think I as the author of the blog would be able to make a new post "added to this blog" and not have to create a new blog? I just seem to be unable to find that option? I dont see a blog as a one time thing where you create a blog and make a post and never come back to that blog. Right now for me to see what you do is, you create a blog, make the post and that's that? If I then want to write on it again I have to create a new blog? For me that seems pretty stupid?

Best regards Shamatix

PS: Blog Settings doesnt work?

Error
The requested option group could not be found.

Last edited:
Is this add-on or any of the others of your add-ons for that matter fully translateable ? Are there any issues with time so it have 12am/pm hard-coded or does it support 24H just fine?

Thanks in advance

Yes, i purchased license previously, i have Paypal transaction ID...but i'm not able register...i have Captcha error :(
View attachment 125227

This should be fixed

Is there a plan for the next release of the addon?
Same question here. :)
Any plan on an update?
Just when it's ready. All of the major bugs were fixed in the last release. The next release will be making it function more like a blog than articles

Okay I bought this addon today, in hope it will get some updates in the future and to support the coder behind it, I do have some questions tho, as personally I have never blogged nor used blogs, so I might have gotten the wrong idea of what a blog is, but here goes.

I created a blog as seen below
A0fS7Hb.png

Now this might be a real stupid question, what is the difference between a blog and a normal thread. Personally I had the thought a blog would be ... ye a blog I create about a certain topic and then I can add more "posts" to it for people to read if they want. So here is the blog I created:
exNpRpW.jpg

Now I would think I as the author of the blog would be able to make a new post "added to this blog" and not have to create a new blog? I just seem to be unable to find that option? I dont see a blog as a one time thing where you create a blog and make a post and never come back to that blog. Right now for me to see what you do is, you create a blog, make the post and that's that? If I then want to write on it again I have to create a new blog? For me that seems pretty stupid?

Best regards Shamatix

PS: Blog Settings doesnt work?

Error
The requested option group could not be found.

This is something we plan to address in the next update. Also, you can find the options in Options -> XenBlog. The link has been removed for the next update

Is this add-on or any of the others of your add-ons for that matter fully translateable ? Are there any issues with time so it have 12am/pm hard-coded or does it support 24H just fine?

Thanks in advance

It does use phrases, and uses XenForo's date/time formats so everything can be easily changed :)

Jake

It would be great if the add-on supported tags. Any chance to implement this in the upcoming version, @JakeB?

Think there is way more important things than tags right now, currently I really dont get this addon? This is just like threads... except moderators can approve or decline em ._.

I don't think so. If you're on XF 1.5, tags are useful.
What I am saying is this addon is a blogging tool and sure tags are nice, but when the addon is so far from what it MAIN purpose is, then I think it's more important prioritizing functionallity of blogging over minor things.

I never saw an answer for @Shamatix earlier, is this like a blog where any one member makes a thread in their own section and no one else can post under so that the one person can keep adding to it (like a blog). Readers can only comment in comment section etc...like an article the author can keep adding to? Or is it a 1 post and done...needing new threads each time which separates an authors story?

I never saw an answer for @Shamatix earlier, is this like a blog where any one member makes a thread in their own section and no one else can post under so that the one person can keep adding to it (like a blog). Readers can only comment in comment section etc...like an article the author can keep adding to? Or is it a 1 post and done...needing new threads each time which separates an authors story?

As I have understood it, you make a "blogg" known as threads by normal users lol... and in this blog you can comment on it lol as a normal thread, I see close to know difference, only real difference I see is you can have moderators approve the bloggs before memebrs can see em ._.

I tried to make a blog here
mU4WV3D.jpg

And it seems like all I can do is comment on it... as seen below:
pl4djgW.png

WHILE My idea of a blog is you create a blog with a title, lets say "Davs kitchen" in here you make a post, lets called it "Mondays diner"

"Hey fellow followers of my wonderful block, today its monday and time for some fish! here you will see some pics blahblahbalah and here is the recipe"

then next day you make a new post which will be ABOVE the old one (Mondays dinner) called lets say tuesdays dinner so now it would look something like:

"Hey fellow lbahblah lbah today its tuesday lets eat some meat blahblah"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hey fellow followers of my wonderful block, today its monday and time for some fish! here you will see some pics blahblahbalah and here is the recipe"

So you will have post after post after post with newst one at top. But with this addon I see literally no difference between a normal thread and a blog lol...

Ya thanks for being so clear. And I am wondering what the author of this add-on has to say about all that.

Like is this an error and it's supposed to be so the blog author is able to add new blog entries in the same blog...

Ya thanks for being so clear. And I am wondering what the author of this add-on has to say about all that.

Like is this an error and it's supposed to be so the blog author is able to add new blog entries in the same blog...

Ye I honestly dont understand it either, all I can do as the blog author is post a comment on the "Blog (thread)" like any other user ._. #Dissapointed

Top Bottom