[TH] XenBlog [Deleted]

Hello Mike!
the image does not appear as an avatar in comments, but it is present in the blog.
View media item 1084
the red arrow at the bottom of the avatar in the comments:
<a href="members/sinbad.1/...
Code:
<a href="members/sinbad.1/" class="avatar Av1s" data-avatarhtml="true" style=""><span class="img s" style="background-image: url(http://.../styles/drift/xenforo/avatars/avatar_s.png);"></span></a>

the red arrow at the top of the blog post avatar : <a href="members/sinbad.1/...."
Code:
<a href="members/sinbad.1/" class="avatar Av1s" data-avatarhtml="true"><span class="img s" style="background-image: url(http://.../data/avatars/s/0/1.jpg?1400401986);"></span></a>

Thanks

I'm using the forgotten better blogs. I think the time has come to move to something else.

This may have been answered but can you import from better blogs into this add on?

This may have been answered but can you import from better blogs into this add on?

I asked @Jake B. for a quote: development would take 5 hours at the current rate of $119/hr. I was referred to the internal idea funding at Hex Themes, which would in fact be cheaper provided the request received a sufficient amount of votes.

To all those who expressed their interest in an BB importer ( @Mike Michaud @Mouth @upnet @denam @Diana Notacat @Claudio @Brad L ): would you be interested in crowdfunding the development of an importer?

I'd help towards it without a doubt as better blogs is pretty much dead and forgotten about.

It works but not sure how many updates it will last

I asked @Jake B. for a quote: development would take 5 hours at the current rate of $119/hr. I was referred to the internal idea funding at Hex Themes, which would in fact be cheaper provided the request received a sufficient amount of votes.

To all those who expressed their interest in an BB importer ( @Mike Michaud @Mouth @upnet @denam @Diana Notacat @Claudio @Brad L ): would you be interested in crowdfunding the development of an importer?

If the owner is serious about this mod, they will offer that import as standard - in order to capture the Better Blogs sales base. Better that the owner proves their commitment to the development and support of this mod.

In the meantime, Better Blogs licence holders like me will continue to watch and wait for that to happen. This mod is already threatening to turn into a farce.

If the owner is serious about this mod, they will offer that import as standard - in order to capture the Better Blogs sales base. Better that the owner proves their commitment to the development and support of this mod.

I concur.

However, it won't happen without BB owners being more vocal about it. XF2 will be the end of the line anyhow.

Just a fix for those experiencing membercard issues after the 1.0.9

His if statement was encasing the other statistics, which caused a problem.
If you are unable to view membercard statistics after installing 1.0.9 please see what our solution was below.

AdminCP > Appearance > Template Modifications > Admin Blogs > member_card

Go to Replace:
Replace everything inside that box with this
Code:
$1
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.blog_count_show}">
<xen:if is="{$user.blog_count}"><dt>{xen:phrase blogs}:</dt> <dd><a href="{xen:link blogs/author, $user}" class="concealed">{xen:number $user.blog_count}</a></dd></xen:if>
</xen:if>
$2

Other issues to be noted. If a someone with access to edit another person's entire blog completes editing it, then they become the author of that blog.

Replication Steps
Login as user A.
Create a blog post.
Logout as user A.
Login as user B (who has access to edit other people's blogs).
Edit the recent blog from user A.
That blog now is authored by user B and the most recent comment is also from User B (even if there is no recent comment or if the recent comment was another user).

We know where to fix the problem but have not had time to bother with it. May not be a very big deal to anyone else, but I'm just reporting it. It is a nuisance to anyone who edit's user blogs for any reason.

Hi, is it possible to import Blogs from e.g. "Better Blogs" Add-On which is actually dead...?
It's answered several times in this thread, and even in posts only two or three above yours.
No, there is no import.

I looked at getting this add-on and have an SQL mostly written for a conversion, but haven't purchased the add-on so cannot finish and check it.

I'd help towards it without a doubt as better blogs is pretty much dead and forgotten about.

It works but not sure how many updates it will last

In the meantime, Better Blogs licence holders like me will continue to watch and wait for that to happen. This mod is already threatening to turn into a farce.

I concur.

However, it won't happen without BB owners being more vocal about it. XF2 will be the end of the line anyhow.

Hi, is it possible to import Blogs from e.g. "Better Blogs" Add-On which is actually dead...?

If any of you can provide either a license for Better Blogs, or a database dump that contains data from Better Blogs I will make an importer for it.

Jake

I would like to say I agree with what @Mouth said, it looks like a very hard time for users because of semantics and also how it is organized.

A blog is not a single article or a post. A blog is a single URL which stores a collection of posts or articles by a single user. Agree or disagree but that is how people have come to use those terms on the web today.

The concept here seems to be that a user has many blogs, a new blog each time they post something. It appears to be reflected in the navigation as well as the way the plug-in interacts with the member info page and so on. Even the member URL is "blogs". This is all likely to be incredibly confusing for users.

It should be organized where /forum/user123/blog is the central repository of all user123's articles and posts, easily navigated. And their profile page should contain a "blog" (singular - not "blogs") tab that shows their most recent articles/posts.

I know some might say it is just a problem of semantics, just change your phrases and it's all good. But in my opinion, it is not just semantics - the semantics reveal the thinking behind the plugin. And the plugin seems to be organized around a confusing (and incorrect) way of thinking about what a blog really is and how users are likely to think about them, both as readers and writers.

Just my feedback as a disillusioned user of XFA seeking a new alternative.

I would like to say I agree with what @Mouth said, it looks like a very hard time for users because of semantics and also how it is organized.

A blog is not a single article or a post. A blog is a single URL which stores a collection of posts or articles by a single user. Agree or disagree but that is how people have come to use those terms on the web today.

The concept here seems to be that a user has many blogs, a new blog each time they post something. It appears to be reflected in the navigation as well as the way the plug-in interacts with the member info page and so on. Even the member URL is "blogs". This is all likely to be incredibly confusing for users.

It should be organized where /forum/user123/blog is the central repository of all user123's articles and posts, easily navigated. And their profile page should contain a "blog" (singular - not "blogs") tab that shows their most recent articles/posts.

I know some might say it is just a problem of semantics, just change your phrases and it's all good. But in my opinion, it is not just semantics - the semantics reveal the thinking behind the plugin. And the plugin seems to be organized around a confusing (and incorrect) way of thinking about what a blog really is and how users are likely to think about them, both as readers and writers.

Just my feedback as a disillusioned user of XFA seeking a new alternative.

We definitely plan to fix the more incorrect phrases in this add-on, and are definitely interested in making this add-on a bit more blog-like instead of article like. I think having a per-user blog listing of sorts would make a lot of sense, and I'll do my best to include that in our rebranded version :)

Top Bottom