[TH] User Improvements [Deleted]

Any idea how this error is caused?

Code:
Template error: Method canViewResources is not callable on the given object (KL\UserImprovements\Entity\User)
src/XF/Template/Templater.php:936 

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canViewR...', 's...', 936, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(936): trigger_error('Method canViewR...', 512)
#2 /mnt/storage/internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(301): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Entity\User), 'canViewResource...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(5768): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), 'forums', Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(475): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), 'forums', Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(428): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, 'forums')
#6 src/XF/App.php(1769): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(1) "/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Getting this error about 6 (3x2) times a day.

Any idea how this error is caused?

Code:
Template error: Method canViewResources is not callable on the given object (KL\UserImprovements\Entity\User)
src/XF/Template/Templater.php:936

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Method canViewR...', 's...', 936, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(936): trigger_error('Method canViewR...', 512)
#2 /mnt/storage/internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(301): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Entity\User), 'canViewResource...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(5768): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), 'forums', Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(475): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), 'forums', Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(428): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, 'forums')
#6 src/XF/App.php(1769): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(310): XF\App->renderPage('', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(1) "/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Getting this error about 6 (3x2) times a day.
I checked with one of our developers and he said it is coming from one of your navigation tabs.

Judging from the stack trace, it's might be the visibility conditional of one of your navigation tabs. User improvements is only listed because of the class extensions either way from the looks of it.

@Dalton Prock this is an important thing for criterias. It would be very helpfull if ThemeHouse could fix this.

Since @Lukas W. started to work for ThemeHouse the support for the addons has gone downhill. I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that the addon is free. That shouldnt be an excuse for a big company like ThemeHouse but I cannot think of another reason.

Personally I'll move away from this addon and I plan to move away from other ThemeHouse addons.

@easiii that isn't true. They also supported their free addons, for sure not with high priority as their paid addons. But who would did this?

I had asked Lucas W. if he planned on updating his addon's for 2.1 and got a response that he would be updating his "one" addon for 2.1. It was only after that that I realized the rest were under the TH umbrella. So I asked him if that meant it would be up to someone else at TH to decide whether they got updated or not and never got an answer. I guess this answers that question. ;)

I've just checked and I can't see any reason why this add-on wouldn't work absolutely fine on XF 2.1.

So I asked him if that meant it would be up to someone else at TH to decide whether they got updated or not and never got an answer. I guess this answers that question. ;)

sSLNJ8m.png

I'll get to it at some point.

Either way, as @Jon W said, I don't think there's any immediate reason why this add-on would not work with 2.1. I don't think any of the functionality that we use here has been touched by XF. We haven't explicitly tested it yet, as, as @mcatze correctly pointed out, free add-ons unfortunately take the short straw in the update order, but we'll do at some point. If somebody points out any issues, we're happy to look into them either way. So feel free to report them to our github issue tracker.

sSLNJ8m.png

I'll get to it at some point.

Either way, as @Jon W said, I don't think there's any immediate reason why this add-on would not work with 2.1. I don't think any of the functionality that we use here has been touched by XF. We haven't explicitly tested it yet, as, as @mcatze correctly pointed out, free add-ons unfortunately take the short straw in the update order, but we'll do at some point. If somebody points out any issues, we're happy to look into them either way. So feel free to report them to our github issue tracker.
Thanks for the clarification. 👍

Top Bottom