[TH] User Criteria Extended

[TH] User Criteria Extended 1.0.6

No permission to download
Can only repeat myself:
I edited a few existing usergroup promotions that users would be given with this option: "User has created at least X threads:"

I then created some corresponding trophies that users would be awarded based on the exact same criteria: "User has created at least X threads: "

But going over those now I see that all of them, promotions and trophies, have been reset to "User has added at least X tags to content: "

That was quick! Thank you
You're welcome. I believed this to be a problem with the tag criterion, that's why I didn't discover any error when it has been reported the last time, but your description put me on the right track straight away. ;)(y)

I have a suggestion for a new criteria:

User is using AdBlockers.

I was thinking about giving users the possibility to start a thread only if they do not have any AdBlockers.

What do you think?

Otherwise, we'd have to hardcode it into the templates by using some lines of Javascript, generating a fake advertisement and if the size gets changed to 0 then it means the user is using an AdBlocker.

The user criteria should work the same way I guess.

That's not gonna happen, because it's not doable in a computational effective manner with the statistical data that XF saves. The performance impact would be huge, as these things would have to be live-queried on every single criteria check (and criteria are checked on more occasions than just the hourly trophy cron, if anyone didn't knew).

That's not gonna happen, because it's not doable in a computational effective manner with the statistical data that XF saves. The performance impact would be huge, as these things would have to be live-queried on every single criteria check (and criteria are checked on more occasions than just the hourly trophy cron, if anyone didn't knew).
That's a pitty.
Isn't it possible to add that query just once a day?
Or a custom addon should be made just for that Xposts-in-Ydays feature?

It used to work really well at XF1 with this addon from @Brogan
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-criteria.3006/
It is not possible to reproduce the way it worked at XF2?
Thanks for your effort @Lukas W.

Reactions: rdn
Just an example. In my case, I want this addon to apply a promotion to:
- users with more than 500 messages (around 500 in my forum)
- among theme, check the ones with more than X messages per Y days.

So it should just check the number of post published in last X days just for a tiny portion of the whole membership.
That makes sense @Lukas W. ?
Cronjob once every night and will only check those filtered users.

Last edited:
Me too! I miss the "User has posted at least X messages in Y days" feature. It was really useful! :) I hope it will come back soon.

Since there are 3 veteran devs here, as these criteria are mostly used in combination with usergroup promotions, is there any way to force a usergroup promotion immediately other than waiting for the cron to run?

And thank you for this free, new addon, I hope commercially run forums purchase a license!

Hi sbj,

Not sure if I am missing something, but so far every time I have tested this, it adds the user to the usergroup. My setup is when a user registers, if they have been a member for less than 1 day, it adds them to a usergroup. As soon as the user registers, this happens. Maybe the addon was updated?

Cheers.

Hi sbj,

Not sure if I am missing something, but so far every time I have tested this, it adds the user to the usergroup. My setup is when a user registers, if they have been a member for less than 1 day, it adds them to a usergroup. As soon as the user registers, this happens. Maybe the addon was updated?

Cheers.
I don't understand.

The usergroup promotion is immediate. It does not wait for the cron job as far as I can tell.
Not sure why that would behave like that. You can see the crons in your ACP and the best they can do, if you set it up, is to update every minute. Immediately is not an option but there is sth. else in play when they register I would say that it updates immediately.

Top Bottom