[TH] Trending [Deleted]

Has this been tested with 2.2?
I haven't had a chance to test this on 2.2 yet, no but I will give it a try tomorrow sometime. Although, I would suggest that everyone refrain from testing any of our products on 2.2 beta versions especially on a board that is used a lot for testing and such.

Hi,

No idea if this one is related to 2.2 RC 1 but when on Trending list page, on the online users it says "Viewing unknown page". Worth checking out. Thanks.

Hi,

No idea if this one is related to 2.2 RC 1 but when on Trending list page, on the online users it says "Viewing unknown page". Worth checking out. Thanks.

I've been dealing with google giving error while viewing an unknown page for a good while now. I can't see how this add-on would have anything to do with it but I am using it currently. Not the most recent version. Some users are also showing the same.

Something tells me this add-on isn't to blame but if you find anything out and think it might be let me know.

Hi,

I've been dealing with google giving error while viewing an unknown page for a good while now. I can't see how this add-on would have anything to do with it but I am using it currently. Not the most recent version. Some users are also showing the same.

Something tells me this add-on isn't to blame but if you find anything out and think it might be let me know.
I don't believe I experienced the same issue when testing it a few weeks ago but I'll give it a test again this week and leave an update thereafter! :)

Is it possible for popular topics to appear this way when listing? This way it looks more aesthetic.

PmkGPb.png

Good morning, I just purchased this addon and it has an outdated template 'thtrending_trending_view'. Should I automatically merge this or wait for an update?

One ideas for this add-on, would be the option based off of set parameters to send an automated email saying “currently trending YourWebsiteNameHere”. Maybe have it display based off set peremeter said the top 5 trending posts for the day etc. I think it would bring people back to the website more.

One ideas for this add-on, would be the option based off of set parameters to send an automated email saying “currently trending YourWebsiteNameHere”. Maybe have it display based off set peremeter said the top 5 trending posts for the day etc. I think it would bring people back to the website more.
Interesting idea! Leave an issue on our issue tracker here.

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Trending with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.5 released!

Changes:
  • Improvements made to the up/down positions that are shown in threadbit
  • Added display style to Trending widget options, these include Simple and Standard. Standard is best used when setting its widget positions above or below nodes.
  • Added functionality that adds a trending topic block option to the activity summary emails and section within your ACP.
  • Fixed an issue that caused thtending_trending_view to show as "Viewing unknown page" when on the online...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Server error log:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: trending_id src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/ActivitySummary/Trending.php:29

Generated by: Nirjonmela Feb 5, 2021 at 6:23 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/ActivitySummary/Trending.php(29): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 29, Array)
#1 src/XF/Entity/ActivitySummarySection.php(93): ThemeHouse\Trending\ActivitySummary\Trending->__construct(Object(XF\Admin\App), Object(XF\Entity\ActivitySummarySection))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(157): XF\Entity\ActivitySummarySection->getHandler()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(110): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('handler')
#4 src/XF/Admin/Controller/ActivitySummary.php(42): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('handler')
#5 src/XF/Admin/Controller/ActivitySummary.php(84): XF\Admin\Controller\ActivitySummary->sectionAddEdit(Object(XF\Entity\ActivitySummarySection))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\ActivitySummary->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:ActivitySumm...', 'Add', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\ActivitySummary), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\ActivitySummary), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#12 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "/admin.php?activity-summary/add&definition_id=thrending"
  ["referrer"] => string(50) "/admin.php?activity-summary/"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["activity-summary/add"] => string(0) ""
    ["definition_id"] => string(9) "thrending"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Dalton Prock so it indeed was [TH] Trending causing the unknown page issue? I wasn't aware. I am now scrambling to get $15 to renew the add-on. This is the one add-on I didn't renew because it's rarely been updated. If I cancelled my style REKT with you would you that I bought that hasn't expired would you simple get me this one update since it's a bug issue in exchange. I've been dealing with this unknown page error for the past year. I would only ask this single update to this specific version. I'm only 1 update behind even though it hasn't been renewed in a while. That's due to the fact there was no compatibility issue with 2.2 and also the fact it hasn't seen many updates.

Server error log:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: trending_id src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/ActivitySummary/Trending.php:29

Generated by: Nirjonmela Feb 5, 2021 at 6:23 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Trending/ActivitySummary/Trending.php(29): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 29, Array)
#1 src/XF/Entity/ActivitySummarySection.php(93): ThemeHouse\Trending\ActivitySummary\Trending->__construct(Object(XF\Admin\App), Object(XF\Entity\ActivitySummarySection))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(157): XF\Entity\ActivitySummarySection->getHandler()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(110): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('handler')
#4 src/XF/Admin/Controller/ActivitySummary.php(42): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('handler')
#5 src/XF/Admin/Controller/ActivitySummary.php(84): XF\Admin\Controller\ActivitySummary->sectionAddEdit(Object(XF\Entity\ActivitySummarySection))
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\ActivitySummary->actionAdd(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:ActivitySumm...', 'Add', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\ActivitySummary), NULL)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\ActivitySummary), NULL)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#10 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#12 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(55) "/admin.php?activity-summary/add&definition_id=thrending"
  ["referrer"] => string(50) "/admin.php?activity-summary/"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["activity-summary/add"] => string(0) ""
    ["definition_id"] => string(9) "thrending"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Did this get fixed? Was going to install it. But I might want to wait until this gets fixed.

Did this get fixed? Was going to install it. But I might want to wait until this gets fixed.
It's a bit of an oversight UX-wise, but the main issue is that no Trending configuration was selected for the activity summary section. As long as you don't miss out to do that, there's not gonna be an issue.

Top Bottom