[TH] Staff Posts [Deleted]

Lukas W.

katsulynx submitted a new resource:

[KL] Staff Posts - Find staff posts with ease.

[KL] Staff Posts
Description
Running a large support board? Are your staff posts important and should be easily distiguishable from user posts? Fear no more! Using this addon as base, you can help your users find relevant staff posts at ease.

Features
  • Show which threads have been answered or created by...

Read more about this resource...

Code:
.staffPost .messageText {
     color: red
}
Will turn the default post color into bright red.

Code:
.staffPost .messageUserBlock div.avatarHolder {
    background: red;
}
Will turn the post-bit background into bright red.

Capture.webp

I really love the idea of this, reminds me of Red5 & Blizzard forums & I'm excited at the idea of bringing that sort of functionality to our community. Thanks for tackling this awesome idea.

Q1: Is it possible to enable on just our support forum nodes?
Q2: How could I bind this to a usergroup instead of the staff tag (say I want to include some of the more active community members (who aren't staff) & change the "Staff Reply" to something less formal)?

Q1: Is it possible to enable on just our support forum nodes?

It would technically be possible to do that, although it'd require some code extensions. I think I could build that in.

Q2: How could I bind this to a usergroup instead of the staff tag (say I want to include some of the more active community members (who aren't staff) & change the "Staff Reply" to something less formal)?
This would be a bit more complicated to achieve, nothing that could be implemented out of the box I guess, as the addon in its current state doesn't bother about user groups

option per forum will be nice, also option to show staff answer only per moderators not for admins will be nice to. and staff answer to show only when moderators answer on thread!

katsulynx updated [KL] Staff Posts with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0

PATCH NOTES
  • Added a bunch of style properties for non-css-nerd users to style staff posts, thread owner posts and threads with staff replies.
  • Added a new options page in the ACP options
  • You can now specify whether you want to target all staff posts, moderator posts or admin posts only (or none).
  • You can now target specific optional usergroups to appear as staff answers independently from the value selected above. Only primary usergroups are considered...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm impressed with how quick this was updated!

Only primary usergroups are considered at this point.

I believe the primary usergroup on all our users is just Registered. Any chance this could be extended to entering a secondary grp id & then checking user's secondary groups for it?

I believe the primary usergroup on all our users is just Registered. Any chance this could be extended to entering a secondary grp id & then checking user's secondary groups for it?

I haven't yet figured out a solution for that. Thing is, that the primary user group is stored as separate value in the database, so I can just check for primary_user_group in defined values, but the secondary user groups are stored as a a single string that I can't compare against while keeping it efficient. I'll surely find a way in the future though, so stay tuned!

is this related by your plugin?

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'OR kl_user.user_group_id IN (0)) AND kl_post.user_id = kl' at line 42 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77

Please consider improving your tone. I'm still doing this in my free time and for free and while I'm always open to suggestions and feedback, I don't like it when people approach me and say stuff like "you must" and "you have to". Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be rude at this point, but just express it clearly: I don't have to do anything.

Other than that, I'll look into your feedback and see what I can improve. Sorry for the harsh tone, but that really bothered me.

Top Bottom