[TH] Spotify [Deleted]

Yeah, I got you. Makes sense. I also agree that it doesn't need to be flawless, having something for the start would be great. Not sure what can be implemented or not though.

I made a wordpress website for a musician friend years ago and he wanted the ability for visitors to play and listen to his tracks while browsing.

Reminds me of that, ended up adding SCM music player to the bottom, it would continue playing smoothly and uninterrupted even with each new page load.

How bizarre. I'd not seen SCM used in years, then today I come across a forum with it installed so they can have spooky music playing and follow them around the site. I wonder if something similar could be done with the spotify player.

• Love
Reactions: sbj
How bizarre. I'd not seen SCM used in years, then today I come across a forum with it installed so they can have spooky music playing and follow them around the site. I wonder if something similar could be done with the spotify player.

This looks like exactly how I imagined it 1 page ago and it also works for all pages. Great.

Was this feature added to the suggestion list @Dalton Prock or @Jake B. ?

It would be really great if you could look into this.

I love the new member card integration, but it doesn't seem to match the styling of the rest of the lines text with the class "memberTooltip-blurb"

The font size seems to be the html 15px instead of the .memberTooltip-blurb 13px

There's also margin on all the other lines, so it doesn't look right compared with the rest of the info in the member card

Before:

After

Edit: The margin also needs addressing on the member view for both the text and the button

Last edited:
This looks like exactly how I imagined it 1 page ago and it also works for all pages. Great.

Was this feature added to the suggestion list @Dalton Prock or @Jake B. ?

It would be really great if you could look into this.
I love the new member card integration, but it doesn't seem to match the styling of the rest of the lines text with the class "memberTooltip-blurb"

The font size seems to be the html 15px instead of the .memberTooltip-blurb 13px

There's also margin on all the other lines, so it doesn't look right compared with the rest of the info in the member card

View attachment 195187

Before:
View attachment 195189

After
View attachment 195190

Edit: The margin also needs addressing on the member view for both the text and the button
I'll go ahead and add these issues on our issue tracker @RobinHood @sbj. Thank you ;)

Errors logged by incorrectly formed song API responses
Does that relate to the "Response is not JSON" error at all, or something else?

I don't get the error anything like as often as I did having substantially increased the polling time, but I have still been getting it.

• Artist "by" text is not a valid phrase

Phrase thspotify_by_x does exist now, but template thspotify_member_spotify_playback is still unchanged:

Code:
<div class="spotifyPlayback__trackDetails__artists">{{ phrase('by:') }} {$song.artists}</div>

Does that relate to the "Response is not JSON" error at all, or something else?

I don't get the error anything like as often as I did having substantially increased the polling time, but I have still been getting it.

No, this isn’t something I can replicate and there is no reason that URL would ever return anything that isn’t JSON, so I suspect it’s something to do with a server setting, or a service like CloudFlare blocking the repeated requests occasionally

• Artist "by" text is not a valid phrase

Phrase thspotify_by_x does exist now, but template thspotify_member_spotify_playback is still unchanged:

Code:
<div class="spotifyPlayback__trackDetails__artists">{{ phrase('by:') }} {$song.artists}</div>

Let me double check this, I know I changed one instance of it, maybe there was another I missed

@RobinHood @thumped

I am not sure how optimized it is but as there are no interest from TH in adding features in this addon, I went ahead and did the most basic thing I could do.
Thanks to the widget system we can add the spotify widget by just adding the iframe into your widget. Literally one line of code.

I also went ahead and wrote a 3-line code which displays a different album each time the site is refreshed. (You need to enter album IDs manually).

Not the most elegant solution and probably not optimized, but it works. It doesn't play automatically a song, people have to click on it and when they refresh the page or go to another page, the music stops as it was mentioned before. Thought you might be interested and I wanted to share it with you.

I've gone ahead and created an issue on these questions that you are asking. They have been added as an enhancement ;) You are welcome to add more to that issue if you'd like as well.
i just noticed this was tagged as "not planned" back in march. is this add-on dead?

i just noticed this was tagged as "not planned" back in march
That is unfortunate. The add-on in its current condition is... usable. But not much else. Tiny bits like the mentioned suggestions would make it more appealing and give it more usefulness.

Well with TH you get what you see. You shouldnt expect any updates with their addons. They barely enhance their addons, and if, once a year or sth like that.

It is most certainly not dead. Just because a feature is marked as not planned does not mean that the addon is dead. XenForo it’s self has 18 pages of not planned suggestions, https://xenforo.com/community/forums/closed-suggestions.15/?prefix_id=29

Well, yes, but with xenforo itself there's plenty of other development happening on it. Maybe 'dead' is the wrong word... "supported, but not being actively developed or enhanced" is probably more what I meant.

@Dalton Prock Is this addon being actively developed or enhanced?

That is unfortunate. The add-on in its current condition is... usable. But not much else. Tiny bits like the mentioned suggestions would make it more appealing and give it more usefulness.

Oh it's perfectly fine and does exactly what it's described as doing, but it seems like a missed opportunity to just leave it at that, especially considering that some of the suggested additional functionality (click to open an overlay & play the track from the widget) already exists in other parts of the addon.

@Dalton Prock Is this addon being actively developed or enhanced?
From what I see on our issue tracker, there doesn't seem to be any new milestones created in relation to [TH] Spotify so no new enhancements at this time. If there is something you'd like to suggest then you may on our issue tracker here.

Are users able to create a playlists and other users of the forum play that list?

Or does this simply just show what they are playing in real-time?

Top Bottom