[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Why is xcache hitting this file so much more than anything else?

9EKMf1m.png

That is the template that is used to display the social groups info under the user's post bit. Not sure there is anything that can be done about this.

Considering I have displaying of groups in post bits disabled, I consider it quite the problem

Also, I have permissions for banned users set to Never on the Social Groups nodes for everything except viewing, but they're still able to post in groups they're a member of.

Last edited:
A small issue....

No matter what is done, I cannot get it to default display this:
View attachment 77397

For whatever reason, it seems to always revert back to the Title, even when viewing as a guest. (The first one is stickied)

View attachment 77398

Am I missing a permission somewhere, or something I have overlooked?
Hey Sheldon,
I managed to figure this out on my own since it was bugging me too much, haha.

However, it did require me to edit one of the addon files and then reupload it. If you're interested, here's what I did:

Open library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialCategory.php

Look for this at around lines 507-513:
Code:
    protected function _getDefaultSocialForumSort(array $forum)
    {
        return array(
            'title',
            'asc'
        );
    } /* END _getDefaultSocialForumSort */

And change the title and asc fields to last_post_date and desc, respectively.
Code:
    protected function _getDefaultSocialForumSort(array $forum)
    {
        return array(
            'last_post_date',
            'desc'
        );
    } /* END _getDefaultSocialForumSort */

This changes the default sort order from being based on the Title. Of course, this then becomes the default sort order for all of your social group lists, but uh, yeah.

Additionally, I found out that setting the sort order (like you show in your picture), is actually for sorting the threads inside the social groups rather than the social groups themselves. At least, that's how it works anyway.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Getting reports from users saying their alerts box is saying they have new alerts, but upon checking them, there are no alerts in the list. Only happening for alerts from social groups.

We're on XenForo 1.2 and running Social Groups 1.1.1b with Social Permissions 1.1.0a. Is this a known issue fixed in an updated version of either add on?

@Waindigo I get this error after updating for some reason (update from 1.0.4 to latest, using Xen 1.1):
Code:
Fatal error: Access level to Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum::_preDispatch() must be public (as in class EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum) in /var/www/clients/client1/web1/web/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php on line 0

Trying out some options, and I'm wondering if this is the way this is supposed to work?
  • Social Category A (SCA)
    • Social Category B (SCB)
      • Social Forum B-1
    • Social Category C (SCC)
      • Social Forum C-1
    • Social Forum 1 (SF1)
    • Social Forum 2 (SF2)
    • Social Forum 3 (SF3)
So if I have "show child nodes in social forums" checked and "show child nodes in social categories" unchecked, then what I see when I go to SCA is both SCB and SCC above the list of forum nodes. Then, in any one of the SF1-3 forums, I also see SCB and SCC listed below the forum description.

However, if I check "show child nodes in social categories", then regardless of whether or not the "show child nodes in social forums" option is checked, no child nodes show up anywhere.

Just wondering if this is the same way for everyone or if it's just a problem on my end.

Is there a possible way in assigning prefixes to created categories? Also would like to see if there is some information in correcting the hover info that shows.
tooltip.webp

Hello there, a thing, using widget framework New Threads, all threads created on social groups appear on the widget, how to remove them?

If i make a selection of forums to display removing the Social Category, it will break the permissions (viewable forums). :(

EDIT: Fixed this, forgot to revoke permissions. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom