[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Hello
I have created social categories and then forums inside the categories. I made sure that all of the permissions were set in the usergroups and in the social forum add on. However, even when I restrict access to these social forums anyone can read and post to the forums even though they are not members of the forums.

Can someone help me? I can't figure out why this is happening. I tried so many different settings and options but still the problem remains.

Dustin

Hello
I have created social categories and then forums inside the categories. I made sure that all of the permissions were set in the usergroups and in the social forum add on. However, even when I restrict access to these social forums anyone can read and post to the forums even though they are not members of the forums.

Can someone help me? I can't figure out why this is happening. I tried so many different settings and options but still the problem remains.

Dustin
Could you post screenshots of what permissions you have set up?

Have you followed this guide:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/setting-up-your-first-social-category.1876/
?

has anyone else had a bug which prevents you from editing users? Click on the small edit link and nothing happens as shown below? (same link for editing threads works fine)

Social Forum Members   Army Rumour Service (1).webp

has anyone else had a bug which prevents you from editing users? Click on the small edit link and nothing happens as shown below? (same link for editing threads works fine)

View attachment 70588
I'm not aware of any issues. Could be an issue with the style you are using. Please make sure you have uploaded the .js files correctly. Please PM me with details for your site if you would like me to look into this for your further.

Can someone help me? I am trying to figure out how to give specific users permissions to participate in a specific social forum within a category. I want to give different individuals access to only specific forums within the category. I don't want to give them permissions to see all of the forums in the category, but only a specific forum manually assigned to them. Right now I only see how I can give individuals permissions for the category as a whole.

Can someone help me? I am trying to figure out how to give specific users permissions to participate in a specific social forum within a category. I want to give different individuals access to only specific forums within the category. I don't want to give them permissions to see all of the forums in the category, but only a specific forum manually assigned to them. Right now I only see how I can give individuals permissions for the category as a whole.
Check out the Social Permissions by Waindigo add-on:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-permissions-by-waindigo.1878/

Hello,

I use XF1.3 and have just purchased the newest resource manager. Installation was fine, but I get an error message when I try to add a new resource saying that there is an unknown column in field_list.

The addon that might cause the error is social forums.

Can you help?

Regards, rhodes

View attachment 71014 View attachment 71015

I might just do something totally wrong, but I'm not seeing the button to create a social forum:

ZgTm95w.png

I had the same problem when I started to work with social forums. However, this is only a permission problem. You have to set "Create social forum" permission (e.h. for registered users) on the category node.

Hi Jon,

You URL portion is buggy. Regardless of the options set, once the url has been set it no longer allows the user to edit their social group description.

Also, is there a way I can move threads from a normal node into a social-group?

I tried

UPDATE xf_thread
SET node_id = x
WHERE node_id = y

But it did not work.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello, is it possible to clone social categories and include all of the social forums in that category? I have to manually re-create lots of categories and social forums and would like to speed up the process.

Hi Jon,

You URL portion is buggy. Regardless of the options set, once the url has been set it no longer allows the user to edit their social group description.

Also, is there a way I can move threads from a normal node into a social-group?

I tried

UPDATE xf_thread
SET node_id = x
WHERE node_id = y

But it did not work.

Thanks.
The code is:
Code:
UPDATE xf_thread
SET social_forum_id = X, node_Id = Y
WHERE node_id = Z

Hello, is it possible to clone social categories and include all of the social forums in that category? I have to manually re-create lots of categories and social forums and would like to speed up the process.
This is not currently possible. Please drop me a PM if this is something you would be interested in contributing towards.

Hey
We create a Social Group
and add a user
can also see the group only the group
where he is a member
not the other groups
01.webp

02.webp
but do not enter
he has no right to
03.webp
what can be wrong?