[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Probably we would be looking for more than this. Thanks so much for your offer though.

I understand.

If somebody else needs this feature (messages to appear in New Posts), I could help with that value in the execution

My groups need to be 100% guaranteed private. If this is the only functionality required to achieve this then I will match your offer.

@Waindigo, please can you confirm if this will achieve total privacy... if so then you will also have my $35 in reserve. @Deriel, please can you confirm your offer of $35.

My groups need to be 100% guaranteed private. If this is the only functionality required to achieve this then I will match your offer.

@Waindigo, please can you confirm if this will achieve total privacy... if so then you will also have my $35 in reserve. @Deriel, please can you confirm your offer of $35.
Currently posts do not appear in New Posts at all if the permission is revoked for any members, so this extra functionality would not improve privacy in any way. There are no known privacy issues with this add-on as long as you have permissions set up correctly.

yes all threads permissions are set to allow

all my newly created thread is just showing under the main Social Category "Discussions: 5 Messages: 5"

but when i accessed Social Forums under Social Category it is always shows "Discussions: 0 Messages: 0" even though i posted a thread under one of my Social Forums
Probably another add-on is conflicting with Social Groups by Waindigo. Try disabling other add-ons and see if you get the same issue.

I'm just looking to put in place some defaults at the category level. I need total privacy guaranteed - I cant be changing permissions on all new groups - they just need to inherit a default permission set Is this possible firstly.

I'm struggling to see what Deriel needs then, if its possible already?

@Deriel is interested in making posts appear in the New Posts list if the user DOES have permission to view them, as currently this is not the case.

Regarding your permissions, the social forum permissions stack, with the Social Category being the lowest level. Therefore, at the Social Category level, you need the strictest possible permissions (i.e., no permission to view threads). You then add these permissions back at the appropriate level (either through the ACP options screen, or using one of the alternative methods available in the Social Permissions by Waindigo add-on).

So I just lock everything down to bare minimum in the node list (social category) and then set the defaults in the add-on options.
Now, I think that makes sense and I'll try again.

I will still contribute the $35 for social forum posts to show up in whats new if permissions are respected in the same stacking order :D

I will need to do another test set up just to be sure your suggestions overcome the hurdles I faced last time. I'll get back to you but consider my offer sound.

Waindigo updated Social Groups by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1a released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixes bug that inviting a user may cause member count to decrease or cause a "BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range" error.
  • Fixed "BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range" if member count decreases below zero.
Both of these bug fixes affect the member count. If the member count on any of your social forums is incorrect, it is recommended to run the Social Forums cache rebuilder:
Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Social Forums

Read the rest of this update entry...

How can I make it so non group members can see only the social forum but not the threads within?

There's a 'Preview' button when creating a Social Group and it doesn't work

Code:
The controller Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialCategory does not define an action called CreateSocialForumPreview.

Found a bug.

When you enable url portion but disable modification of the url once it is set, there is no way to "edit" a social group without it throwing an error telling you that you can't change the url portion (even though you can't even see it).

Even when I set permissions for non group members to not be able to view the forum, they still can. Any Help?

Has anyone had this ? Happens whenever I can create a social forum within the group but an attempt to view it produces:

implode(): Invalid arguments passed

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. implode() in Andy/ForumModerators/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 67
  3. Andy_ForumModerators_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php at line 73
  4. Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /MYPATH/community/index.php at line 13
and in the error log

ErrorException: Undefined variable: nodeHierarchy - library/Andy/ForumModerators/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:67
Generated By: Good CO, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /MYPATH/community/library/Andy/ForumModerators/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(67): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/MYPATH...', 67, Array)
#1 /MYPATH/community/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php(73): Andy_ForumModerators_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /MYPATH/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionForum()
#3 /MYPATH/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /MYPATH/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(56) "http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/social-forums/test-2.4/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Any help appreciated

Has anyone had this ? Happens whenever I can create a social forum within the group but an attempt to view it produces:

implode(): Invalid arguments passed

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. implode() in Andy/ForumModerators/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 67
  3. Andy_ForumModerators_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php at line 73
  4. Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionForum() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /MYPATH/community/index.php at line 13
and in the error log

ErrorException: Undefined variable: nodeHierarchy - library/Andy/ForumModerators/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:67
Generated By: Good CO, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /MYPATH/community/library/Andy/ForumModerators/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(67): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/MYPATH...', 67, Array)
#1 /MYPATH/community/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php(73): Andy_ForumModerators_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionForum()
#2 /MYPATH/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialForum->actionForum()
#3 /MYPATH/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /MYPATH/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(56) "http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/social-forums/test-2.4/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Any help appreciated
Looks like a bug with the Forum Moderators add-on. You probably want to speak to the developer of that add-on.

Can this utilize the data imported with the unofficial vb4 CMS importer, when it brings group content into XF via subforums and threads?

Is it possible to define a main social groups node and have a navigation tab added for it?
Or do I need to do that with nodes as tabs?

Top Bottom