[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Found a bug, I believe . I invited someone to a social forum, then promoted them to creator. Soon as I saved, they disappeared from the member list. When I re-invited:

social_forum_bug.webp

You need to rebuild the caches after the most recent update.

Note: due to the addition of a new member count cache, it is recommended that you rebuild caches by going to Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Social Forums.

There is a slight bug here that I will fix as it shouldn't be trying to set a count as -1 when you remove a user, but if the count was correct in the first place (which it will be after you rebuild) then this should never happen.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot . . . a "secondary social forum" is forum I'm a member of, but didn't create?
It's not a stupid question, the terminology is not great.

On the 'personal details' page of their account, a user can select one social forum as their 'primary social forum' and one or more social forums as their 'secondary social forum'. Users have to be a member of a social forum to set it as a primary or secondary forum. Primary and secondary social forums are used for various different things on different sites.

Hope this makes sense.

It's not a stupid question, the terminology is not great.

On the 'personal details' page of their account, a user can select one social forum as their 'primary social forum' and one or more social forums as their 'secondary social forum'. Users have to be a member of a social forum to set it as a primary or secondary forum. Primary and secondary social forums are used for various different things on different sites.

Hope this makes sense.

I was kind of in the same boat as Taylor. Is it basically the same concept as primary and secondary user groups?

The plugin is "almost there" for us - the missing feature (maybe bug) is that new posts do not appear in the "New Posts"

@Waindigo I just had a few questions, if you don't mind me asking.

-Is there anyway a group can have there own banner above?
-Can the groups in the forums look something like this: Here
-I set permissions for non group members (guests) to not be able to view the forums, but they still can.

Just wondering if they are things that could be added or privately made.

I have a lot of these in the XenForo Error Log:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function toArray() on a non-object -library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php:616
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:09 PM

Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(79) "-----/social-forums/----------.685/members?page=0"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["/social-forums/----------/members"] => string(0) ""
["page"] => string(1) "0"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I have a lot of these in the XenForo Error Log:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function toArray() on a non-object -library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialForum.php:616
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:09 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(79) "-----/social-forums/----------.685/members?page=0"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["/social-forums/----------/members"] => string(0) ""
["page"] => string(1) "0"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
This will be fixed in the next update. It is to do with outdated links (e.g., from search bots) being accessed after a social forum has been deleted. Thanks.

The plugin is "almost there" for us - the missing feature (maybe bug) is that new posts do not appear in the "New Posts"
Posts will show in "New Posts" if they are visible to non-members of a group. Otherwise, please drop me a PM if this is a feature that you would be interest in contributing towards.

-Is there anyway a group can have there own banner above?
Not currently possible. Might be able to expand the social forum avatar with some fancy template editing. Drop me a PM if you are interested in contributing to have this added as a proper feature.

-Can the groups in the forums look something like this: Here
Yes. Might be worth contacting a style developer who would be best qualified to help you make the template edits for your site, or post here.

-I set permissions for non group members (guests) to not be able to view the forums, but they still can.
How are you setting the permissions? Have you checked this guide?

I'm having a problem with the permissions.

I have set up 2 social categories and I have the default "Registered Users" permissions to not be allowed to create a social forum. I do not have any other registered usergroups.

Now, in Category 1 I have set it for users to create unlimited social groups within that category (Category Permission) - This works fine.
In Category 2 I have set it as "inherit" - users can not create any social groups - this does not work. It still allows the user to create social groups.
Also, if I set it to "0" for the amount of groups they can make in that category it does not save and simply goes back to "inherit". I don't know what to do now.

Any idea?

I'm having a problem with the permissions.

I have set up 2 social categories and I have the default "Registered Users" permissions to not be allowed to create a social forum. I do not have any other registered usergroups.

Now, in Category 1 I have set it for users to create unlimited social groups within that category (Category Permission) - This works fine.
In Category 2 I have set it as "inherit" - users can not create any social groups - this does not work. It still allows the user to create social groups.
Also, if I set it to "0" for the amount of groups they can make in that category it does not save and simply goes back to "inherit". I don't know what to do now.

Any idea?
Have you checked using the Analyze Permissions tools in the User section of the Admin Control Panel? Can you provide a screenshot of the result for the affected Social Category?

Hi Jon,

A screenshot won't show anything. Basically I change the permission in the admin cp and click save. When I check it again, the permission goes back to what it was (inherit) before I saved it. I ended up getting around it by manually getting rid of the create forum buttons and adding a 403 redirect via the .htaccess file to get it to do what I needed it to do.

Top Bottom