[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I'm running 1.2, and im 100% sure all files were uploaded. I even just re uploaded them to make sure with the same effect.
I'm unable to replicate this issue. Are you able to PM me with details of how to access your site (with sufficient privileges to be able to edit members in social forums)?

When trying to add a resource with the resource manager addon, I receive this error:
Code:
The following error occurred:

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'social_forum_id' in 'field list'
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1612
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1601
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenResource/ControllerPublic/Resource.php at line 592
XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/cosmos/public_html/index.php at line 13

When trying to add a resource with the resource manager addon, I receive this error...
To fix this for now, you will simply need to re-upgrade with the latest XML file for this add-on so that it can add a column to the Resource Manager. I will see if I can find a better way around this.

Hello,

I am trying to replace the "Join Social-Forum" button with a button that allows you to watch the social forum.

I replaced this code
Code:
    <div class="section loginButton">
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link social-forums/join, $socialForum}" class="inner">{xen:phrase waindigo_join_social_forum_socialgroups}</a></label>
        </div>
    </div>

With this

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} && !{$member.social_forum_member_id} && {$canJoinSocialForum}">
   <xen:if is="{$forumWatch}">
       <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link 'social-forums/watch', $socialForum}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false">{xen:phrase unwatch_forum}</a></label>
   <xen:else />
       <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link 'social-forums/watch', $socialForum}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false">{xen:phrase watch_forum}</a></label>
   </xen:if>
     </div>
   </div>

The problem is, when the button is clicked everything is normal, as well as the button saying "Unwatch Forum". When the page is refreshed however, it will show "Watch Forum" on the button when it should display "Unwatch Forum".

Is there something I have missed here?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Try this (not tested):
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id} && !{$member.social_forum_member_id} && {$canJoinSocialForum}">
     <label for="LoginControl" id="SignupButton"><a href="{xen:link 'social-forums/watch', $socialForum}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-cacheOverlay="false">{xen:if $socialForum.forum_is_watched, '{xen:phrase unwatch_forum}', '{xen:phrase watch_forum}'}</a></label>
     </div>
  </div>

Just thought I might add a list of features I am hoping to be added and am willing to fund. Perhaps other people are interested in these as well?

Sub-domains - allow groups to specify a subdomain. Example: myforum.com/group/group1 -> group1.myforum.com

Moderation - depending on usergroup permissions, certain user groups have their groups go into moderation queue before appearing. A mod/admin can approve group and it then becomes public.

Group filtering/sorting - At the moment, groups are listed alphabetically. Can we not get a way to sort them by most recently posted/updated, or even sort by tags or other options.

Transfer Group Ownership - allow a member to transfer group owner from one person to another.

Fix Owner Bug - An owner can leave a group but if they try to join again they are no longer owner. This means the group no longer has an owner and they can't reclaim the group since no one owns it.

Videos & Images with latest x showing on group homepage & gallery tab - Integration with XenMediaGallery or similar addon
News Posts - Tab showing latest group news posts/blogs.

Improved Sub-nodes - All group to have sub-nodes for different types of discussions and allow them to moderate which usergroups can access which nodes. I also don't really like how they appear in the sidebar. Would like them to be more visible like on regular nodes/sub-nodes.

*Automatic Moderation Approval - I need a way to allow group owner to upload a csv file with emails of all approved users. Whenever a user tries to join a private group, if their forum email and email inside csv match, then they are auto-approved.

Max number of featured group badge - As far as I can tell, users can have unlimited number of group badges in their postbit. would like to set a maximum such as 4.

Visual Social Group List with Filtering - would love to see something like rpdom.com for their roleplay list. Social group would have total members, group name, and background image of group. also filtering would be nice.Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 3.06.56 PM.webp

Just thought I might add a list of features I am hoping to be added and am willing to fund. Perhaps other people are interested in these as well?

Sub-domains - allow groups to specify a subdomain. Example: myforum.com/group/group1 -> group1.myforum.com

Moderation - depending on usergroup permissions, certain user groups have their groups go into moderation queue before appearing. A mod/admin can approve group and it then becomes public.

Group filtering/sorting - At the moment, groups are listed alphabetically. Can we not get a way to sort them by most recently posted/updated, or even sort by tags or other options.

Transfer Group Ownership - allow a member to transfer group owner from one person to another.

Fix Owner Bug - An owner can leave a group but if they try to join again they are no longer owner. This means the group no longer has an owner and they can't reclaim the group since no one owns it.

Videos & Images with latest x showing on group homepage & gallery tab - Integration with XenMediaGallery or similar addon
News Posts - Tab showing latest group news posts/blogs.

Improved Sub-nodes - All group to have sub-nodes for different types of discussions and allow them to moderate which usergroups can access which nodes. I also don't really like how they appear in the sidebar. Would like them to be more visible like on regular nodes/sub-nodes.

*Automatic Moderation Approval - I need a way to allow group owner to upload a csv file with emails of all approved users. Whenever a user tries to join a private group, if their forum email and email inside csv match, then they are auto-approved.

Max number of featured group badge - As far as I can tell, users can have unlimited number of group badges in their postbit. would like to set a maximum such as 4.

Visual Social Group List with Filtering - would love to see something like rpdom.com for their roleplay list. Social group would have total members, group name, and background image of group. also filtering would be nice.View attachment 54757

I like this list, the features that I would prioritize first would be Transfer Ownership, Fix Owner Bug, and Visual Group List with Filtering, I wouldn't mind help funding in a joint venture to see these features come to frution faster. Intradox, Waindigo can we set up a multiple pc so we can hash out cost and timeframe? Also if anyone else using this wants to help fund please post so we can invite you to the pc, thx

I found something. Route Filters do not work with social-groups. It displays the social-forums directory text and not the custom set one.

I've installed the four addons that go along with this package (Social Groups, Notices, Permissions, User Groups) but am having trouble finding any way for a "Creator" to administer their social group. I haven't found any way for them to create their own User Groups, set up Notices, or anything of the sorts. The only options I see from the Social Forum Tools dropdown are: View Social Members, Leave Social Forum, Edit Social Forum, Edit Avatar, Move Social Forum, and Delete Social Forum. None of those seem to have any way to do that.

Can you give me any guidance on what I might be missing?

Also, I don't believe Social Notices is Xenforo 1.2 compatible as I'm not able to edit notices if I have that addon active. Not sure if that's also what causing issues with User Groups.

any chance of a latest social groups or random groups in sidebar.

I always find social groups to be neglected, I have given up on the other social groups mod and decided to this a try as its within the forums, but its still hard to try and promote social groups as latest threads dont show up in mods such as ******* statistics or whats going on. so they just seem to be ignored. Maybe a side bar block would encourage members to look more

any chance of a latest social groups or random groups in sidebar.

I always find social groups to be neglected, I have given up on the other social groups mod and decided to this a try as its within the forums, but its still hard to try and promote social groups as latest threads dont show up in mods such as ******* statistics or whats going on. so they just seem to be ignored. Maybe a side bar block would encourage members to look more
Since these threads are just normal threads, they should show up in other add-ons if you allow guests to view them. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to only show selected threads depending on whether someone is a member, which is why they don't show up at all if you require users to join before they can view threads.

Have to say that this addon is very awesome, we're currently using it for clan/guild forums for our community site, allowing clans and guilds to create their own forums instead of having all their stuff mixed in with every other clan/guild.
There are however some features that I would love to see added to this addon in the future, however none of them are critical but just "nice to have".

• Ability to change the terminology, in case "Social Category" and "Social Forum" isn't really your thing, in my situation I changed all the phrases to "Clan Category" and "Clan Forum", I can imagine other people finding this useful so they wouldn't have to change every phrase (since there are a lot of them)
  • Add an option to have social forums require confirmation from the social category moderator before it's created, so users can't just spam-create social forums

Small minor suggestion is if you could implement quote-like collapsing for the group description. Some of the groups on my forum have very long descriptions making a user scroll to see the threads. Perhaps have descriptions show like quotes in xf 1.2 where they are collapsed and it says "click to expand" or something similar?

edit:

Another minor suggestion is to change "Join Group" button to "Leave Group" if a user joins as it is hard for my members to figure out how to leave a gamegroup. They dropdown list for options is not easy to find especially on groups with long descriptions. Following my first suggestion for limiting initial preview of description may help.

Last edited:
I just tried to upgrade from 1.0.7 -> 1.0.9 and got this error:
Code:
Argument 1 passed to Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination::_prepareSocialForumForCombination() must be an array, null given, called in /home/kagforum/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php on line 126 and defined

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 109
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->_prepareSocialForumForCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 126
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->_prepareSocialForumsForCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 59
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->rebuildSocialForumCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line44
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->rebuildSocialForumCombinations() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line16
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->rebuildAllSocialForumCombinations() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Install/Controller.php at line 241
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Install_Controller->_postInstall() in Waindigo/Install/20130820.php at line 284
Waindigo_Install->_install() in Waindigo/Install/20130820.php at line 88
Waindigo_Install::install()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 231
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kagforum/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I just tried to upgrade from 1.0.7 -> 1.0.9 and got this error:
Code:
Argument 1 passed to Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination::_prepareSocialForumForCombination() must be an array, null given, called in /home/kagforum/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php on line 126 and defined

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 109
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->_prepareSocialForumForCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 126
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->_prepareSocialForumsForCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 59
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->rebuildSocialForumCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line44
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->rebuildSocialForumCombinations() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line16
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->rebuildAllSocialForumCombinations() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Install/Controller.php at line 241
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Install_Controller->_postInstall() in Waindigo/Install/20130820.php at line 284
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 231
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kagforum/public_html/admin.php at line 13
In library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php try replacing:
PHP:
        if (!$socialForums) {
            $socialForumModel = Waindigo_SocialGroups_SocialForum::getSocialForumModel();

$socialForums = $socialForumModel->getSocialForumsByIds($socialForumIds);
            $socialForums = $this->_prepareSocialForumsForCombination($socialForums);
        } else {
            $socialForums = XenForo_Application::arrayFilterKeys($socialForums, $socialForumIds);
        }
with:
PHP:
        if (is_null($socialForums)) {
            $socialForumModel = Waindigo_SocialGroups_SocialForum::getSocialForumModel();

$socialForums = $socialForumModel->getSocialForumsByIds($socialForumIds);
        } else {
            $socialForums = XenForo_Application::arrayFilterKeys($socialForums, $socialForumIds);
            if ($socialForums) {
            } else {
                $socialForums = array();
            }
        }

Sorry, no change (other than line numbers)

Code:
Argument 1 passed to Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination::_prepareSocialForumForCombination() must be an array, null given, called in /home/kagforum/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php on line 130 and defined

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 113
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->_prepareSocialForumForCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 130
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->_prepareSocialForumsForCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 60
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->rebuildSocialForumCombination() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 44
Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination->rebuildSocialForumCombinations() in Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForumCombination.php at line 16

Ok, try this...

In library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Install/Controller.php, replace:
PHP:
    protected function _postInstall()
    {
        /*
        * @var $socialForumCombinationModel
        * Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination
        */
        $socialForumCombinationModel = $this->getModelFromCache('Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination');
        $socialForumCombinationModel->rebuildAllSocialForumCombinations();

if ($this->_isAddOnInstalled('EWRporta')) {
            // Install XenPorta Block
            if (class_exists('EWRporta_Model_Blocks') && method_exists('EWRporta_Model_Blocks', 'installBlockXmlFromFile')) {
                $fileName = $this->getRootDir() . "/Waindigo/SocialGroups/XML/Waindigo_NewSocialForums.xml";
                $this->getModelFromCache('EWRporta_Model_Blocks')->installBlockXmlFromFile($fileName);
            }
        }
    } /* END _postInstall */
with:
PHP:
    protected function _postInstall()
    {
        if ($this->_isAddOnInstalled('EWRporta')) {
            // Install XenPorta Block
            if (class_exists('EWRporta_Model_Blocks') &&
                method_exists('EWRporta_Model_Blocks', 'installBlockXmlFromFile')) {
                $fileName = $this->getRootDir() . "/Waindigo/SocialGroups/XML/Waindigo_NewSocialForums.xml";
                $this->getModelFromCache('EWRporta_Model_Blocks')->installBlockXmlFromFile($fileName);
            }
        }
    } /* END _postInstall */

protected function _postInstallAfterTransaction()
    {
        /* @var $socialForumCombinationModel Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination */
        $socialForumCombinationModel = $this->getModelFromCache('Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForumCombination');
        $socialForumCombinationModel->rebuildAllSocialForumCombinations();
    }

Top Bottom