[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

On mobile, if a user select more than 2 social groups, it still restricts the groups to 2 columns taking up a lot more room than necessary. Any chance you can fix this for mobile (ie: show more across) or allow us via admincp to restrict the MAX number of featured groups in a postbit? Or have something like "show all groups" to have an overlay showing all groups theyare in. It can get kinda crazy if a user is in 12 groups and decides to show all 12.
Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 4.40.33 PM.webp

Sorry for double post but it's entirely unrelated to above and editing above might make it less visible...

Is there a way to grab the info of a specific social group? In my case I would like to grab total members, latest thread & user, number of discussions, number of messages.

I used the link node type to link to 5 featured social groups and at the moment can only have the title but I would love to somehow grab the social group data (http://indiegamers.com):
Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 7.27.07 PM.webp

Also, I would love to style the social group listing entirely in this format. Something like http://www.rpdom.com/
Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 7.32.34 PM.webp or Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 7.47.04 PM.webp

I can do the CSS but the problem is I won't be able to fill the background with anything. I asked a while ago for featured group banners and you added the attachment custom field which only kinda works. I would really love have a dedicated "group banner" option allowing me to use it elsewhere when featuring groups.

The banner could then be used in a visual layout of the social groups instead of the normal node list. It could also be used in a more visual sidebar widget such as...

Top Social Groups - Sidebar Widget
Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 7.38.34 PM.webp

New Social Groups - Sidebar Widget
Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 7.41.33 PM.webp

Browse/Featured Social Groups Forum Widget
Screen Shot 2013-09-03 at 7.37.05 PM.webp

Like always, I WANT to contribute to get this all developed. Social Groups is so close to be amazing and implementing a few more features will really set it apart:
- Dedicated group banner option
- Visual social group node list
- 2 additional sidebar widgets with a visual emphasis. (new & top/featured)
- forum widget to browse social groups.
- some way to retrieve group info OR some way to feature specific social groups on the main node list.

If anyone else likes this idea, let me know if you want to help contribute towards the cost.

That stuff is really nice. But is it possible to change the position of the group icons in the postbit to the post corner? Like Steam does.

That stuff is really nice. But is it possible to change the position of the group icons in the postbit to the post corner? Like Steam does.
Not currently. You may be able to do it with a few template edits though if you are good with CSS and that kind of thing.

Not sure whether this is a social group, or social forum problem, but getting a few of these in logs:
Code:
Undefined index: user_group_permissions - library/Waindigo/SocialUserGroups/Extend/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php:28
Generated By: twhiting9275, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/myuser/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialUserGroups/Extend/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(28): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/myuser/p...', 28, Array)
#1 /home/myuser/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(603): Waindigo_SocialUserGroups_Extend_Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getSocialForumPermissions(Array, Array)
#2 /home/myuser/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(26): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getNodePermissions(Array, Array)
#3 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(58): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->_getThreadAndForumFromPost(Array, Array, Array)
#4 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(95): XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->canDeletePostsData(Array, 'hard', Array, Array, NULL, NULL)
#5 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Abstract.php(125): XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->deletePosts(Array, Array, NULL)
#6 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php(54): XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Abstract->executeInlineModAction('deletePosts', Array, Array)
#7 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->actionDelete()
#8 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/myuser/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.domain.com/inline-mod/post/delete"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["hard_delete"] => string(1) "1"
    ["save"] => string(12) "Delete Posts"
    ["posts"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(1) "9"
    }
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["redirect"] => string(76) "http://www.domain.com/threads/threadinfo/"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}

On my profiile page I have listing of Social Forums that contain mo messages. As the social forums no longer exist, how do I remove them from the listing?

Feature request: auto-invite to group based upon user criteria.
For example:
Invite if a user has more than X posts in node Y.
Invite if a user is located in location X.
Invite if occupation field contains X.
Invite if user profile field X contains Y. (An 'interests' field would be one way to use this)
Etc.

This would allow the automatic inviting of members and quickly filling up social groups into active groups.
The main problem with social groups is that they risk to lack activity. There should be ways to stimulate members to join groups that interest them.

Is it possible to move threads from normal forums to Social Groups?

Is it possible to move threads between Social Groups?

what if they are not interested?
Its up to us to make the functionality interesting enough. After all its about being part of a community with common interests. Basically thats the reason for many people to join a forum, so that motivation should work to be interested in joining social groups. But there needs to be a number of benefits to join a group. Else its useless to have social groups. If social groups are just forums that people can join then its pretty useless. It can be and needs to be more.

Social groups have great potential, because anyone can create a group and if the right tools are there interested members can swiftly be invited to the group. This allows a group to take off. But group content also need to enter the 'new posts' stream. Not just by listing the active group, but by listing the thread.
Groups should harbor not only threads, but images, files, blogs, wiki, tracker or whatever content type is useful for the common interest. There should also be group widgets so that every group can have its own layout. This will allow users to create mini sites. I much like the IPB social groups addon, as this does much of that.

Currently the social groups addon is pretty basic, but hopefully it can grow in time.

Not sure whether this is a social group, or social forum problem, but getting a few of these in logs:
Code:
Undefined index: user_group_permissions - library/Waindigo/SocialUserGroups/Extend/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php:28
Generated By: twhiting9275, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/myuser/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialUserGroups/Extend/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(28): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/myuser/p...', 28, Array)
#1 /home/myuser/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(603): Waindigo_SocialUserGroups_Extend_Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getSocialForumPermissions(Array, Array)
#2 /home/myuser/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(26): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getNodePermissions(Array, Array)
#3 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(58): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->_getThreadAndForumFromPost(Array, Array, Array)
#4 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/InlineMod/Post.php(95): XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->canDeletePostsData(Array, 'hard', Array, Array, NULL, NULL)
#5 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Abstract.php(125): XenForo_Model_InlineMod_Post->deletePosts(Array, Array, NULL)
#6 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/InlineMod/Post.php(54): XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Abstract->executeInlineModAction('deletePosts', Array, Array)
#7 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_InlineMod_Post->actionDelete()
#8 /home/myuser/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/myuser/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://www.domain.com/inline-mod/post/delete"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["hard_delete"] => string(1) "1"
    ["save"] => string(12) "Delete Posts"
    ["posts"] => array(1) {
      [0] => string(1) "9"
    }
    ["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
    ["redirect"] => string(76) "http://www.domain.com/threads/threadinfo/"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
  }
}
This bug has been fixed here:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/social-user-groups-by-waindigo.1879/

So is this fully responsive now?
I guess so. Let me know if you spot anything that isn't.

Can we get that as an option? I actually used that "bug" as if it wasn't one.
It was a bug because the user was still partly being recognised as the owner. I will be introducing the ability to change the owner in a future version, so hopefully this will provide you with the functionality you need.

Top Bottom